The Birds and the Bees (Part 2)

A day after the 'Birds and the Bees' conversation, the pretend married couple thought their daughter had forgotten all about the sibling talk.

Don't mention it. Don't even think about it. Twilight was a lot more cautious as he wasn't very inept of answering questions like that and Yoru... well all she did was work for her brother from her teenage years until she became an adult so what can she even say?

And while they think everything was over, no thoughts escape from the esper.

"Sooo, have you thought of giving me a baby brother?" Anya probed on, thinking this was the right timing to ask.

.

..

...

In a public café.

Twilight chokes on his milk tea and Yoru almost cuts herself on the bread knife.

"Now's not the right time, Anya." Twilight says as calm as he possibly can.

"But I asked yesterday and you guys just got mad." Anya pouts with her emerald puppy eyes strayed down.

Yoru gives her a small smile and caresses her head. "We were not mad, we were just.. uh... not ready."

Anya brightens up. And she just had to shout. "So, you and Pa are ready to give me a baby brother now?!"

The world stopped for the fake married couple and Yoru was left a stuttering mess.

Murmurs immediately escalated the whole café.

"Oh my~ How vulgar."

"What an extremely open-minded family."

"Oh my goodness. What did they teach her?"

A spy doesn't stand out. A spy doesn't stand out. A spy doesn't stand out.Twilight thought over and over again like a mantra and calmly left the bill on the table.

"We're leaving." Twilight takes his coat and the whole family exits the café.

"Is it just me or does Pa's legs look wobbly and stiff?" Anya meant the question for Ma and turned her head towards Yoru.

She sees Yoru in a trance, a pink tint still grazing her features and with no intention yet to utter a word.

Looks like Ma also can't answer.

Anya sighs. Seems like I won't be getting a baby brother anytime soon.