In which Yoru finds out Twilight being a spy

"We did a little background check on your... husband." Yor knew from the tone of her informant's voice tone that it was something serious and for the first time she felt her heart pound, hammering heavily against her chest. She held the telephone tighter to her ear.

"Alias Loid Forger, dubbed Agent Twilight. A spy from the Westalian government." And Yor froze. Is there any chance it may be wrong? Maybe I heard it wrong.

"Yoru? Yoru!"

Yoru snaps out of her thoughts and tries to speak straight. "Y-Yes boss?"

"Assuming that nothing has yet happened to you, he seems to not know yet that you're an assassin. But I wouldn't take such an assumption for sure." There was a short pause as Yor lets her boss continue.

"You know what to do <Thorn Princess>." And the line cuts off with Yor slowly putting down the telephone in a daze.

And when she thought she could finally have that happy family she subconciously wanted.

How cruel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sense something dangerous. Likeness to that of an extreme killing intent. Twilight's defense mechanism activated and his eyes opened in haste. Just as fast as his eyes is wide opened, the deadly aura was automatically gone and a strong thud on the ground and the sound of something metallic hitting the ground was heard.

He sees Yor kneeled down beside his bed.

I can't do it. I-- I really can't. Yor thought and moments after, realizes Twilight had seen her and could only stare at him in shock.

"Yor, you're..."

Her fingers lightly tapped her cheeks, just to feel wet tears on her cheeks. Huh? I'm... crying.

"I'm sorry. So-- So sorry..." Yor grits her teeth. I tried to take away someone so important to Anya, what kind of mother am I?

"Y-Yor, what's wrong?"

"Please don't pretend anymore Loid, y-you saw me. What I was about to do-- Oh God.." the onslaught of tears continued in Yoru's eyes. Funny how I thought I didn't feel anything anymore.

"I guess this ends the act huh." Lloyd monotonely says as he picks up the dropped dagger by Yor and points the edge dangerously close at her neck.

Yor knew what Twilight was doing even though she was crying. She smiles to herself. My brother seems to be living the stable life now that I vowed giving to him. I guess I won't have regrets anymore.

Yor gulped though her throat felt dry and rough, forcing herself to speak. "Can I see Anya one last time?"

Twilight sighed. Yor saw this as a sign that it was okay. Yor slowly walked towards Anya's room while Twilight quietly followed behind. Her breathing hitched with every step and it felt like she was walking on her death sentence.

She finally reached the front of the door, slowly opening it, just to see the little sunshine she's grown to love these months, peacefully asleep.

She kneels beside her bed and puts her palm atop her tiny fragile hand. "Anya... I'm sorry Ma has to leave earlier than expected. Mama almost did something unforgiveable. I'm so sorry. I love you." Yor lifts Anya's tiny hands to touch her cheeks and caresses Anya's face with the other.

Yor slowly stands up and walks towards the living room, still finding it hard to turn around and face Twilight. But she knew she eventually had to.

She slowly did, her face displaying solemn acceptance as she looked at Loid. "Thank you for everything Loid." For this wonderful family you accepted me in.

She slowly closed her eyes as she heard his footsteps come closer.

"Our agreement of marriage hasn't ended yet."

Instead of feeling the sharp pain of a blade, she felt warmth. Her eyes opened in haste and saw the blade dropped on the floor. "L-Loid?"

He embraced her. One arm around her back and another around her shoulder. "Why? You know who I am. What I'm capable of." Yoru questioned, her voice trembling.

"I'm perfectly aware. You are Yor Briar, age 27, has a single brother whom she took care of and protected all these years. Anya's warm and protective mother, and... my patient and hardworking wife."

Yor gripped Twilight's shirt, burying her head on his shoulder as tears threatened to fall from her eyes again.

"I will think of a plan for this." Twilight calmly says but he knew he was also crazy. From that moment. he knew he'd defied government orders and he was out of ideas to compromising. That all hell wil break sooner or later.

But to hell with missions. This family was an obstacle to this mission and it was an obstacle Twilight was admitting he cannot cross.