Chapter 11

The ponies kneel before the Mistress and ask if they can go to the mounds. The Mistress agrees that that is a good idea, "and take some honey bags with you so you can collect some for later," she instructs them.

"Where were we?" asks the Mistress. Alice watches as the ponies start pulling a clear, cone shaped device from the back of the wagon, along with two poles and a handful of canvas sacks with pull tie cords at the top.

Alice looks at the Mistress questioningly. The Mistress smiles and tells her she will probably enjoy watching some pony games. They get up and follow the ponies a short distance away to a large patch of ground that has no grass growing but has numerous mounds about 8 to 9 inches high. To Alice, they look like ant hills. She looks to the Mistress and smiles.

The Mistress smiles back and says, "I see you have a good imagination and can already think of what they might be used for. Always keep imagining, it will only help you later," smiles the Mistress.

"I wonder what she means by that," thinks Alice.

The ponies are discussing something seriously, almost like deciding who was going to do what. The Mistress smiles, "Watch. They will pick the pony that put his tail up at three in the great hall." The ponies do just that and surround the one that showed weakness in front of Alice. "I told you he would pay for that later," adds the Mistress. "He will not make that mistake twice."

"What are they going to do to him?" Alice asks, but she already has an idea and can't wait to see how they do it.

They tell the pony to lay down on the grass. He does reluctantly but is resigned to his fate. The Mistress tells him to put on a good show because Alice is watching. This puts a smile on his face, as he stretches his arms and legs out wide.

Two other ponies bring the two poles and put them at his hands and feet. They then tie his wrists and ankles to the poles. The clear cone shaped device, which looks like something you would put around a dog's neck to keep him from licking a wound, they attach to the ring at the base of his shaft, so inside and sealed off from the rest of his body, are his shaft and sack.

He is visibly nervous now, but one look at Alice makes him smile and take a deep breath, letting it out slowly as they pick him up. With one pony at each end of the poles, they lift him high into the air. They then flip him around, so he is upside down.

As they carry him towards the mounds, Alice can't help herself from moving forward to get a closer look at the action that she knows is about to happen. The ponies position him over the first mound and lower him down, so the cone goes completely over the mound. Alice knows that his shaft is now rock hard, and will push into the mound, stirring up the inhabitants.

Alice turns to the Mistress. "What kind of ants are they?"

The Mistress smiles before answering, "The worst kind. They are a rare breed of fire ants that we have raised to deliver the bite and sting of twice the normal breed. He will not raise his tail early from now on, that's for sure."

The cone is just about over the mound and he tries to lift his body up to save himself. The last pony has no intention of allowing that, as he swings a wide leather strap down on his backside. This drives his shaft into the mound aggressively. He tries once more but is struck again. Alice watches, and soon the fire ants spew out of the mound and attack his shaft and sack, which causes him to squirm vigorously.

As soon as he has been bitten numerous times, they move him to the next mound and lower him down again. Then delivering another blow to his backside gets this mounds' inhabitants spewing out and attacking also.

Alice moves in as close as she can, and using her advanced eyesight, peers intently as they bite and sting him repeatedly. The shaft is twitching, and the sack is flopping around getting them even more stirred up.