Chapter 10: The Touch I Always Needed

Draco and I woke up around the same time again, and we got into our robes for the day. "Hey," he asked me. "Thanks for what you said last night.. I mean, I never had anyone who would risk their own life for me. I still feel bad though, I feel like I'm making you do this." I walked over to where he was standing and put my arm on his shoulder. We were looking each other straight in the eyes now. 

"Draco, I told you. Don't worry about me. We're in this together.. just like I promised you." Draco smiled at me and we gave one another one more hug. "Let's go get some food, for once I'm starving," I said with a small laugh to him. He laughed back and he followed me out of the room. "You know, I never realized how big this place was. I know it's a castle, but it's very beautiful once you really look at it." "Yeah, it really is," I said looking at him. Why was I always saying things were 'beautiful' as I looked at him?

We arrived in the Great Hall and we left for our own house tables. "Hey guys," I said to Ron and Hermione. Apparently Draco and I were one of the last to arrive as usual. "Hey, how's life been with Malfoy?" Ron asked me. "Not bad.. I mean, he's not who I thought he was. We're really turning into.. um, friends." Hermione and Ron exchanged looks before she said, "Well, that's good then. But you'll still be care-" but I cut her off. "Yes, Hermione, I will still look out for myself. But it's really him who needs comforting the most." 

"What do you mean by that?" She asked me. "He's had it rough growing up. That's kind of why we became closer too. We both grew up in the wrong places." "Well, considering who his family is and where they come from, I couldn't imagine it either," she said back to me. "Well, I'm going to leave. I want to get to DATDA class early.. I have to tell Remus something." Ron and Hermione nodded, and I walked past Draco who looked at me as I passed him.

I knocked on Remus's door, and it opened slowly. "Ah, Harry! How have you been? It's been a few days." "Yeah, um.. Remus? I think you were right, about Draco. We're actually sort of friends now." "Really? Well, that's a page turner," he said to me. "Not that that's bad or anything, I'm glad that you two won't tear one another apart anymore. Less work for me, right?" I laughed and he smiled brightly back at me. 

"Remus.. Draco told me that he wasn't sure if we should be friends.. because of his family. I told him not to worry, I honestly don't care about his father, I'm willing to fight back, I always am." Remus seemed to be studying what I said, but said after a long pause, "I wouldn't worry too much, Harry.. just be aware that this is a mad time we're living in at the moment. Voldemort could be getting to you from Draco, with his parents close by him.. just be aware," he said once more.

"I know, I mean, that's what I told Hermione too. But Draco's different. He wouldn't say anything to them, I know it." Remus didn't seem to fully believe me, but he nodded and smiled again. Soon people were rushing in the classroom and Malfoy walked in beside Crabbe and Goyle. "Thanks, Remus," I said to him before I headed for my seat. We had a small quiz in class today, and luckily I did well. 

After class, Draco ran up to me and said, "Potter, hey.. do you want to meet again tonight? I heard there's supposed to be a full moon and the sky always looks really nice when that happens." "Yeah, sure.. why not?" We both smiled and Draco ran to his other class. I guess this was our thing now.. leaving after hours to watch the stars. I don't know what I was doing anymore, but I honestly didn't care.

The school day finished and dinner was served in the Great Hall. I saw Draco eat quickly, as did I, and we met in the hallway after leaving at separate times. We didn't want people to think we were sneaking around together, even though we were. "It will be at least an hour for the moon to fully be in the sky, so I brought some school work I have to finish," he told me. "I hope you don't mind," he added quickly. "Oh, not at all. I have stuff to do too." "Well, then let's help each other. You need help with Potions and I need help with DATDA." "Sounds like a plan," and I smiled as I looked into his eyes again.

We walked up the stairs and I casted a spell to give flames to the fire. It was still beautiful up here, even if the stars weren't fully in the sky and the moon wasn't up yet. "So, what do you want help with?" I asked him. Draco sat down next to me and handed me a piece of paper. "I'm never able to figure it out, even though it's pretty easy." I just smiled at him and laughed. "What?" He laughed back. "The answer's the easiest thing, Malfoy. Wow, I guess I am smarter than you," I teased him, and Draco punched me softly in the arm. "Oh, yeah? Well what do you need help with for Potions? I've always been better than you in that class." Draco and I were laughing the whole time we were up there, teasing one another, and smiling the most we ever had.

I then realized that the moon was rising into the sky and the stars started to shine brightly in the distance. "The moon's up," I told him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up so fast that I almost fell over. "Wow, thanks, Draco." Draco just smiled and looked over at the sky. I wonder how Remus is doing, I asked myself. But he probably took his potion, so I forgot about it. "How could I have never found this place? I mean, I was always over here," I told him. 

"I think it comes to you when you really need it. Like the Room of Requirement.. except in a nicer and more appealing setting." "Yeah, I suppose that could be true," I laughed and smiled at him. The sky was the most beautiful shade of pink with purple, and the moonlight shined brightly on Draco and I. 

Draco's POV: This was the best feeling ever, I thought in my head. Being with him.. I felt like nothing bad could ever happen again. For once in my life, I felt free. I felt a strong feeling of happiness.. I only hoped that that as all. If it wasn't, everything could be ruined. I looked back over at Harry and saw him smiling at the view. I didn't know what I was doing, but I took my hand and reached for his once more. I saw him look down at our hands which were held together, looked up at me, and smiled. There was that smile again.

Harry's POV: Draco grabbed my hand again.. and there we were. Looking at each other, holding one another tightly. He started to lean in closer to me, and I followed his lead. What was I doing? What was he doing? But then he stopped, and we both turned away. "Sorry, I.. never mind," he said to me. "Right back at you," I said back. We let go of each other's hands and continued looking out at the sky. We did that for a while until Draco broke the silence. "Potter," he asked me. I looked over at him as to say I was listening. "Have you ever been in love?"