Chapter 28: Partners

Well, this just had to happen. I was near Harry now, and I just stood there. "Of course we get paired up. It just had to be you," he said to me. Well that hurt, I said to myself. "Like I'm happy about it?" I told him. It was hard, having to do this. We had to sleep in the same room and I couldn't go over to him. I couldn't kiss him, hug him, or hold him close to me. But had a break in a few days, and I had to go back to my parents.

They'd ask me about him, I knew it. But I'd say we ended it and they would hopefully drop it. "Just stay there, I'll finish this." I stepped back and just watched him. I wanted to touch him so badly, but I contained myself.

Finally, the class was over and I ran out. I couldn't take it anymore, so I ran to the boy's bathroom that no one really went into, and I started to cry. But then I heard footsteps coming in. I was startled, no one usually came in here, at all. "Malfoy.." It was Harry. I turned around quickly, tears running down my face. I had to do something, so I casted a spell at him. It made sense, I was supposed to hate him.

We were throwing spells at one another until he casted one right at me, and I got thrown back at full speed. I was on the ground, water filling the empty space around me. I was bleeding all over, and I saw him walking over to me. I could barley breathe.. I felt like I was dying. I looked up at Harry and he slowly knelt down next to me.. looking speechless.

Harry's POV: I felt terrible.. I never new that this spell caused so much damage. I didn't know what to do, but I just put my hand on his chest. I don't know why, I just felt my hand sort of move there. He kept looking at me, trying to breathe. But all of a sudden I felt a sudden rush to my head. I was seeing something, it was almost like a memory. But it couldn't be.. it was of Draco and I. You couldn't have a memory that you don't remember, can you?

We were laughing.. holding hands. It looked like it was at Christmas time. I came back to earth as I took my hand off of him. I looked at him, but the door burst open. Professor McGonagall came rushing in. She knelt down next to Draco on the other side of me, and started talking. It was a spell, and soon all of the blood disappeared from Draco's chest. 

She helped him sit up, and we looked into each other's eyes. I felt something, like I new him more than I did. But that couldn't be possible. I didn't even remember anything about him after last year, it was almost like a blur. 

Draco's POV: He was looking at me, before I heard Professor McGonagall talk. "And what happened here?" "It.. it was my fault, Professor.." I began to say, but Harry interrupted me by saying, "I started the fight, and I ended up using a spell I didn't mean to use." She looked down at me. "Detention for you, Mr. Potter. Both of you, as a matter of fact. Now, Mr. Malfoy you should go to the hospital wing." I just nodded, and tried to stand up. 

As I got up, Harry's hand brushed against mine. I froze.. I felt all of the memories of us rush through my head, but I had to shake them out. I walked with Professor McGonagall to the hospital wing, and I looked back one more time, and he was looking back at me. I wonder why he kept looking at me, but I forgot about it.. he probably just felt bad, right?