Chapter 23: Goodbye, My Love

I made it to the lookout, and I saw Draco. He was holding his wand up to Dumbledore. He must have known I was there, he looked down in my direction. "Draco, you are no assassin.. let me help you," he told him. "They'll kill me.. they'll kill him. Can't you see? I can't loose him.." They were talking about me. But I had to keep my word to Dumbledore. Don't do it, Draco.. this isn't who you are, I said to myself. But all of a sudden more death eaters made their way in.

Snape came up next to me from under the stairs, putting a finger over his mouth to show I had to be quiet. I knew what he had to do, I just stepped away. I felt awful doing this, but Dumbledore told me to do it. I felt like I had to cover my mouth so I wouldn't start screaming. Snape moved Draco aside, who looked terrified. Dumbledore spoke calmly, "Severus.. please," and Snape waved his wand into the air. That was it, I thought.

Dumbledore fell down the side of the castle, and I let it happen. I started to cry, until I saw Snape grab Draco by the arm, pulling him down the steps. I hid, and watched all of the other death eaters follow them out. I ran behind them. There was no way in hell that I was letting Draco go with them. They were heading for the Forbidden Forest. "Malfoy!" I yelled in their direction. Draco just stopped, and slowly turned around. He was crying, he looked heartbroken. I started to run to him, but Snape casted a spell to make me fall. "Get away, Potter. There's nothing you can do," Snape told me.

I casted a spell at Snape, but he kept dismissing them, and they came right back to me. I felt like I was just punched over and over again. I saw Draco say something to Snape, and he slowly nodded. Draco walked over to me.

Draco's POV: I hated this. Watching him get hurt.. and I couldn't do anything about it. He was crying, just like I was. I knelt down next to him. "I'm.. so sorry, Potter. I have to go, okay? I don't know when I'll be able to see you again. But it has to be this way. Our lives.. they just don't fit together." We were both crying, and I put my hand on his cheek. "I love you, Potter.. so much. Forever and always, I will love you."

Harry's POV: He was leaving. I spoke with the last breath I had. "Draco.. what.." He pulled me onto him. He kissed me passionately. This was goodbye. "Goodbye, my love," he said to me, and he got up wiping tears away from his face. But just before he couldn't hear me anymore, I called, "There will never be anyone for me but you, Malfoy.." He gave a small smile, but started to cry again. I watched Snape grab him by the arm again and they rushed off into the forest. They must have apparated, I didn't hear any more noise.

I looked up at the sky, and there was the dark mark. He was gone. Both of them. Dumbledore was killed.. and Draco. I cried at the thought. I was never going to see him again.