Chapter Sixteen - Baby Brother

The screams of an infant child filled my head, until I awoke in a new environment. I got up to find myself not in my bed.

"W-What? Wasn't I just sleeping in my bed? W-Where am I?" I looked around myself, the screams of a baby getting fainter, and I find that I am in an amusement park.

"Ah, this must be a dream! That's why I'm here!" I say, sighing a sigh or relief. I look behind myself to see a brown dog sitting on one of the orange seats. I rub his head, making him whimper for more attention.

"Hiya boy! How'd you get all the way up here?" I say in a baby voice. The dog tilts its head before redirecting its gaze behind me. I turn around to see a bunch of balloons floating up towards me, a (F/C) one coming my way with a card attached to it. I grab it, looking at it in confusion before turning it, to reveal that it was a tarot card. A picture of a clown holding a huge scythe was on the card.

"D-Death 13?" Suddenly, green ooze starts to shoot out from the clown's wrists. I immediately scream, throwing the card away from me. Suddenly, a large scythe erupts from the card and lodges itself into the dogs brain, blood oozing everywhere in the cart, killing it instantly. I scream loudly once again, being awakened by my mother shaking me.

My body was covered with sweat, and I was shaking profusely. I look down at my hands to see that there was a little bit of blood on them.

"(Y/N) dear! What happened to you!?" My mother asks, clearly worried for me. It took me a moment to gather my thoughts, and when I finally did my mother interrupted me.

"It doesn't matter, just a bad dream, yes? Anyway, I have some great news to tell you! You have a baby brother!" My mother said, making my eyes shoot even more wide open. I look at her, and a smile quickly crawls upon my lips.

"That's great! But why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" My mother looked at me confused, before laughing.

"No, No dear! I didn't give birth, I adopted one! You see, I found the poor thing sitting in a baby stroller all alone. Someone had seemed to have abandoned him. Anywho, until I find the parents, he's going to act like your baby brother!" My mother said excitedly. I smiled, never seeing her this excited before. I nodded my head, and got up.

"May I see him then? I really suppose I should get to know my new baby brother." The older woman nods her head, and she leads me to the room the baby is staying in, and then it hits me.

'Wait-- why did I wake up like that? Was I having a nightmare..? Oh well, I suppose it isn't that important if I cant even remember what it was.' We had finally arrived in the room. There were various things for the baby to play with. Toys were sprawled about the floor, blankets scattered about the room, and various stuffed animals or different sizes were stacked against a wall.

"Woah, you really went all out for this kid!" I said, looking at the room in awe. I went over to the crib, to find the baby staring up at me. The baby's skin tone was darker, and it looked soft. I went to touch it, but it glared at me, making me flinch. The baby was wearing a maroon cap, covering its dark brown hair. The baby continued to glare at me, making himself look evil. My mother had picked it up, making the baby go back to its natural happy face.

"Mother, where exactly did you find him?" I said, looking at the baby suspiciously.

"Oh! I found him near an old house. I tried to knock on the door to see if anyone was inside, but nobody answered." She informed me. I nodded my head, before she handed the baby to me.

"Dear, you'll have to look over the baby when I'm at work. Got it?" I nodded my head, smiling down at the baby. My mother exited the room, trying to get ready for work.