Passing it on

Ok hi sissies. This is like my first time writing for any kind of fandom so let's hope this don't flop🤞 but any way the girl in this book that's playing the main character is named Rose. I know, basic. But I feel like Rosy would make for a good nickname. Anyhoo, enjoy

Rose

I had got stuck with managing the shop again. It's not that big of a deal because it doesn't get too busy, but it would be nice to have some company. I have no idea where my brother ran off to, and gramps is still resting at the hospital. Plus it's dead here. About two or three people had came in today. And that was early in the morning. A little excitement wouldn't be too bad for me right about now.

Time skip to late in the evening

It was almost closing time. My brother never came back to help me close it all up. What an asś. I thought. I spent my time cleaning, treating the flowers, and making the pre made bouquets we sell. I went over to the door and started bringing the flowers we sit outside in. Carrying them to and forth from the door all the way to the back. The sun was setting. I'm gonna have to walk home, great. Not only was my brother an asś, but he was also my ride. As soon as I was done with the flowers outside, I went behind he counter. I got distracted with filing the advertisements and business cards. My back was towards the entrance.

Ding

I heard the bell on the front door ring. Probably just an old person. I thought.

"Sorry we're close right now" I said without turning around.

"Good, cause we're not here to buy flowers"

I instantly turn around to the deep gruff voice. I saw them. Two older shady boys. They looked bored, but never the less a little dangerous. One had long wavy hair. And the other one had a curly under cut. I looked passed them for a split second and saw a Jeep sitting outside the shop. It was running and had two other boys sitting in the front. It was too dark to see what they looked liked.

"Are you Rose Micheals?" The boy with the long wavy hair asked.

I felt a little frightened. How did he know my name?
I shook it off and tried not to let my guard down.

"Well who's asking?" I said with a scuff. All the boy did was roll his eyes and looked around, then at me.

"Well me obviously" He said with a snarky voice. Almost like I was dumb.

"Why do you wanna know?" I said back. I could tell he was starting to get annoyed with me.

"Listen, I suggest you just answer the question" the wavy haired boy said with gritted teeth.

"Well I suggest you leave my store" I said back with some force. If he was annoyed then, he's definitely pissed now. He started to walk closer to the counter and lean over it.

"You know you got some attitude little girl. You want me to fix it for you-" He started to raise his voice but was cut off when the other boy grabbed him and slightly pushed him away from the counter.

"Jake stope" he hissed at him.

Now the boy with the wavy hair was behind the boy with the curly hair. He reached into his jacket and pulled out an envelope. And held it in his hand.

"Now that you got my partner all fired up, I'm gonna need you to cooperate. Are you Rose Micheals, yes or no?" He asked sternly.

I was terrified. I mean, who wouldn't be when two strangers walk into your shop when you're all by yourself. And to add to it, one of them gets aggressive fast.

I nodded my head instantly.

"Good" He said with a chirp. A smirk playing at his lips. He took the envelope and slid it to me on the counter top.

"Give this to your brother Cooper" he said slyly. I grabbed it and held it in my hands. Was this one of Coopers friends? He was staring at me like a hawk.

"Make sure to not open it, and if you do we'll find out. And if you think we won't, then go ahead and test your luck. But in the end we'll know" he said lowly.

He turned around and started heading out of the shop. The wavy haired boy following behind him.

I was shaking terribly.

"Wait" I said suddenly. They both turned around, one foot out the door.

"Who do I say it's from" I asked my voice also shaking. I mentally face palm, I don't want them to know they got the best of me.

He smirked.

"Just give it to him" is all he said in return.

He opened up the rest of the door, holding it for the other boy. Before he exited, he stoped and grabbed a white rose from one of the pots next to the door. He sniffed it and smiled.

"See you around, pretty lady"

The boys hopped in the back of the Jeep and it sped off quick. I'm going to kill my brother when I get home.