Three day grace

Rose

I woke up in the morning, thank God, but to the unfortunate sound of my alarm clock. I'm not gonna lie. I had nothing but nightmares last night. Countless scenarios of being dragged out of my room. The roaming eyes of those two boys from the shop. They haunt me. The Jeep, it's bright lights. This situation is anything of what I wanted for excitement. I rolled out of bed. I definitely need a shower. I thought as I walked out my door to the hallway. I saw my brother. He was just as tired. I felt bad. But that quickly went away after I remembered that if he doesn't have 5,000 dollars in three days gang members are going to kidnap and possibly kill me. We both went into the hallway bathroom. It has two sinks, one toilet, and one shower/bath.

"Good morning" he mumbled in a sleepy voice.

"Mornin" I replied back. We both got to brushing our teeth. He washed his faced and then soon exited.

I grabbed some clothes and headed to the shower. I got undressed and stepped in it. It was boiling hot. Perfect. I stood there for a couple of minutes with my eyes closed, taking in the heat. Last night was all so much. Those eyes, those boys, their voices. It all was a big storm in my head. I couldn't get rid of them.

'A pretty little flower we all want to tarnish'

I shivered, even in this hot water. I felt something on my shoulder. I screamed and opened my eyes. I turned. No one, nothing. Another long day awaited.

After Cooper screeched about me needing to get out of the shower. I finally got ready. Now we're both just in his old beat up truck, cruising to another day of school.

"Wednesday" I said out of no where. We were about 5 minutes from the school.

"What?" My brother said, not looking away from the road.

"It's Monday, you have three days to make up the money you took. The last day is Wednesday, you have until Wednesday coop" I said slowly so he understood.

It's not a laughing matter anymore. I don't know these guys and I don't know what they're capable of. I need him to understand I don't want to go anywhere with anyone that's not Coop or gramps.

"I'm gonna get us out of this Rosy" he said looking at me sincerely.

"Hopefully" I said as the truck came to a stop.

We both got out and walked to the front of the school. We only had a couple of minutes left. Cooper stoped me and made sure we were face to face.

"I need you to seriously watch yourself today ok? I can't loose you, specially not to these guys. If anything happens take this and use it Rose" he handed me a small pocket knife as he talked sternly.

"Cooper!" I scolded trying to hide the knife.

He grabbed the knife and flipped me around, quickly shoving the knife in my back pack.

"Watch yourself, I mean it"

The bell rang and he gave me that look. We walked our separate ways.

Time skip

It was already third period. PE. It wasn't bad. We were playing on the field today. Football, perfect. The coach had us lined up in two lines. All mixed genders, random teams. After that was done we got ready to play. I felt like I was being watched again. Even at school I can't escape. Great. The coach blew the whistle and ever one started shuffling and running.

"Hey heads up!" I turned and everything seemed to be in slow motion as the ball crashed into the side of my head. I felt myself collide with the earth.