From the inside out

Josh

We had been sitting outside the house for a while. Or as Sam put it 'a long asś time'. Everyone in the car started growing impatient. We waited some more, and then an hour after all the lights went out in the house it was time.

We all stepped out the black slick car. We walked quietly to the other side of the street where the house was sitting. Making sure to check if anyone was watching. We were all standing on the side walk before we got to the front porch.

"What happens if anyone is still awake?" Danny asked.

"Then we make sure they go to sleep" Jake said. He looked down the street again and headed for the door. We had arrived at the porch. I turned behind me and directed my speech to Sam and Danny.

"Alright, you two go around back and Jake and I will let you in from there. Make sure to look at all the surroundings" I said firmly. They nodded and split going around each side of the house. Jake and I continued to the door. He pulled out a key.

"How'd you get that?" I asked in a whisper.

"We all have our ways" he said back shortly. Putting the key in the door and opening the door softly. We both smirked at each other and walked in.

I started to walk off to the left side of the house. I entered a small archway. My twin following closely behind me. I got startled and grabbed jakes arm. He looked at me annoyed until I pointed at the past out Cooper a couple of feet away from us on the couch. He looked at me and pointed at the back door. It was right in the living room. We snuck past the boy on the couch. Of course with no help of the squeaky floor board. I unlocked the door and Sam and Danny walked through.

"Ok so there's-" Sam was cut short of his loudness when we started hitting him and shushing him.

"What!?" He whispered yelled, getting angry. We all pointed towards the sleeping boy. His mouth formed an O shape as realization hit him. Danny looked at the boy and then back at us. He started speaking softly.

"Ok each side of the house is gated, but they're easy to climb. This whole neighborhood is surrounded by wilderness. Their back yard only has a couple meters of fence and then it just brakes off. A couple more meters and it's just thick forest" Danny said.

We looked behind him through the doorway. He was right.

"There's no path leading into it?" I asked.

"Nah just forest. It's pretty dark too, we would need flashlights" he said back. I nodded in return.

"Alright split up, look for the hunting gear and anything else she could use" I said. They all nodded.

I started in the living room. I walked quietly past the sleeping boy. There was nothing here but two couches facing each other, a fire place, and some side tables. I went back to the front door and noticed a small closet. I opened it and found some jackets. I felt around and got ahold of two baseball bats. That could be lethal I thought. I grabbed them gently and set them aside for when we leave. And continued on through the down stairs area.

Sam

I made my way to the stair case. I saw a door right beside it and opened it. A basement, how nice. I left the door wide open in case it would lock if I closed it. I walked down the steps with caution, the temperature dropping every other step I took. I felt for the wall and started walking it. I found a switch and turned it on. I looked around. No windows, no nothing. It was all pavement ground and the walls were pavement too. I saw the boiler and some boxes sitting in the corner. I went over to them. Christmas, Halloween, Easter. Just decorations. That's it. I walked over to the other boxes. I opened it and saw pictures. They were of Rose and her brother. Some were old pictures of what I guessed was her parents. There was so many pictures of her when she was little. Cute. I grabbed some and put them in my back pocket. I looked around the basement again and headed up the steps.