At the end of the day

Rose

Today was long. But the past few days have been long just as well. Lunch with Sam and Danny helped take my mind off things, but when that bell rang I got reminded of what was to come. So now I sit in seat of Coopers truck driving back to our home.

"Did you ever find the guy" I asked in a monotone voice. He glanced at me.

"No" he said quietly.

"Who would of figured" I said with attitude. I was mad, and sad, and scared. I wanted to punch Cooper but at the same time I wanted him to come and jump countries with me to get out of this mess. All we have left is the last hours of today and then tomorrow.

"I understand you're mad at me, but I need you to believe that I can get us out of this" Cooper said looking at me. He averted his eyes back to the road.

"Face it coop, the control is out of your hands in this one" I said back. He shook his head. He knows I'm right. We pulled up to our house, I immediately got out of the truck and went in. I know he's still sitting there, but I don't have the mind to talk to him about this. I went up to my room and started my homework.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh

We waited outside the track field for Sam. He has a late practice on Tuesdays. I was laying flat on the bench with my arm over my eyes. My head was pounding like crazy. It never went away. Danny was playing with his phone and Jake had brought a book. The sun was setting and it was getting late. We heard the heavy metal doors of the side of the school open and then close with a slam.

"Jeez, did you get hit with a bus?" I heard my little brother say.

"Shut up Sam" I mumbled. I uncovered my eyes and squinted, I could barely see any of them. I sat up and I almost went back down. Danny caught my arm and helped me to my feet.

"Seriously what happened?" Sam said, he was concerned now.

"Went to go say hi to Cooper, he roughed up Josh a bit" Jake said standing beside me. Sam stepped closer and examined me. He pulled down the collar of my shirt and noticed the bruises around my neck.

"Roughed him up? More like choked him to death" Sam said, he let go and we all started walking towards the car.

"He pushed him into the lockers pretty hard. And then he did it a second time and Josh got the back of his head slammed against it" Jake said recalling the memories.

"You better have Ronnie look at it, you might have a concussion" Danny said. We all got in the car. I sat in the back to avoid the sun and Sam sat with me. Danny started to drive off.

(For some context, Ronnie is studying and taking classes on becoming a nurse. Cool k, bye)

I rested my head against the window, my eyes closed. I started to drift off to sleep.

Time skip

I felt something bumping my head. I woke up and rubbed the side of it. I looked over and it was Sam already getting out of the car.

"You fell asleep on my shoulder, also we're home" he said, I nodded and got my backpack and got out. I stretched and cracked my neck. My head was a little bit better but it still hurt. I looked around and it was dark. There's no street lights where we live. Just the lights outside our house we put ourselves. As soon as we made the long walk up our large drive way we were at our front door. Jake put in the key and we all stepped in. It was much warmer.