No harm in a little mess

(This bout to be a long chapter so hang in their, I hope you enjoy)

Josh

When I woke up I stayed staring at my ceiling in the dark. I moved my hands to my face and rubbed my eyes. I groaned as I sat up. My head was feeling better. I got up and stretched a little, cracking some bones in the process. I turned to my alarm sitting on top of my night stand. 10:32, I guess no school today. I thought. I walked over to my window and pulled the curtains away, letting light slip into my room. It was dangerously cold. The little rain drops sliding down the glass. I pressed my hand up against it and felt the low temperature. My breath fogged up the glass. I could hear the thunder already rolling in. From my experience, if this is only the beginning, the real storm is surely going to be tonight. I let my hand slide from the window. I heard a knock at the door but didn't bother answering it, but I knew someone had entered anyway.

"You're not supposed to be up, you should be resting Joshua" I heard the caring voice of my sister. I turned from the window and looked at her.

"I don't have the time to be resting I'm afraid" I said, going over to my closet and looking for a clean shirt. I heard her sit on the bed. When I existed I had a pair of clothes ready to go. I was already going over and checking my phone. But then she grabbed my wrist and stopped me from doing anything else. I looked at her puzzled but I could see the concern in her eyes. She sat me down right next to her.

"You haven't had a seizure in a long time" she said pausing for a minute, "I almost forgot how to handle it, but I just saw you laying there. It was like everything went into air plane mode" she said, still a tight grip on my arm, "you scared Sammy pretty bad, he's still a little shaken up from it" she let out a sigh. I removed her hand and draped my arm over her. She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere Ronnie if that's what you're trying to say" feeling just a little bit guilty.

"I just wish you guys would be a little less careless. I hope all the time all four of you make it back safely" I heard her whisper. I squeezed her tight, letting out a breath.

"I promise we'll be carful" I said looking at her. She nodded, "Are the boys up?" I asked. She nodded again.

"Dressed and everything, just waiting for you big brother" she said. She let herself out of my room and I walked into my bathroom starting the shower. Today is going to be a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose

Today was the day. I went to school despite my brother practically begging for me to stay home. He wasn't going to be there with me so he felt uncomfortable with the fact that I'll be 'vulnerable'. I somehow convinced him that I would be with friends. But now I'm starting to doubt that, I'm in third period and Sam and Danny haven't made an appearance yet. I even texted Sam but he never responded. I would text him again but I don't want to seem like a needy friend. Today we're all in the gym because the storm from this morning washed out the field. It's even worse because we didn't have to dress out and we can just sit and talk until next class. So now I'm left lonely and sitting in the bleachers studying like a total loner. Going over notes I made from the week before of classes. I don't even know why though, I could very much be taken tonight and never be able to see school again. But I think this might just be me tricking my brain. I stopped when a girl came and sat next to me. I was taken back when she started talking.

"Hey you look lonely up here all by yourself" I heard her say. I closed my folder and looked at her. She had short colorful hair. She was wearing over sized black jeans and boots. She had little chains running all across her body. And an over sized windbreaker on.