Double sided

Jake

After the bell rang I got the hell out of my class and instantly went on the hunt to find josh. On the way I saw Rose. She didn't see me though. I'm not gonna lie, she's very beautiful, but she's got quite the attitude on her. I followed her but kept my head low. She went to her locker, then went down the senior hallway where I just was. I saw her meet up with her brother. I could tell he was freaking out over the gash on her head from what I guessed was from Danny. They walked out the side exit of the school and left. Huh. I walked away. I looked at the clock on my phone. Might as well go to the car, they're all already probably there.

I saw the car in sight. Sam was sitting on the hood messing with his phone and Danny and Joshs back was to me. Josh already had a cigarette lit.

I walked up behind josh and snatched the cig from his hand. And took a long drag.

"Way to ask asshole" he said.

"Thanks" is all I replied back with a grin.

I took one last drag and put it out, stomping on it with my foot. I sat in the front seat before Sam could. And like always, Danny drove.

"I saw Rose today" I said out of no where, "she meets up with her brother in the senior hall, the 500 hallway. Two classes down from your class josh" I said staring at him through the rear view mirror.

"I'll have to be carful then" he replied back looking out through the window.

Everyday we drive one hour into town and then another one out of it. Usually the car stays silent besides the radio that's constantly playing music.

"You know" Danny said while turning down the radio a little, "while Sam was fiddling with the phone, Rose told me her grandpa was a hunter"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Josh asked confused.

"It means we have to be carful if we enter the house. There's more than likely hunting gear in there like knifes and guns" he said keeping his eyes on the road.

"Maybe she doesn't know how to use it" Sam said simply.

"No she does, well just a little bit. She said her grandpa took her and her brother hunting when they were younger" Danny said.

"Yeah, but wasn't that a while ago? Who knows how long it's been since they went out like that" I said looking at Danny.

"We can't take any chances, it's not going to be better if her brothers there" Danny replied back.

"Don't worry Danny boy, I've got an idea for that" I said staring down the road ahead of us.

"Maybe we should take a little detour real quick before we head to the house" I said with a deep voice.

Danny took a quick glance at me and started to grin widely. He made a u-turn. I turned up the music. He speeded off. Time to pay Rose a small visit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose

After my brother had an absolute fit over my head injury, and I convinced him I didn't need to go to the hospital, we were on our way home. It was quiet in the truck. I thought about Sam and Danny. How I finally start to make friends and it could be all snatched from me. I felt sadness as I thought about how fun it would be going to one of Sam's track meats or maybe one of Danny's golf games. Being a normal teenager within itself sounded quite fun. I thought that's what I use to be before all this happened. But now noticing how lonely I actually was. Having friends, and to think I might not be able to see anyone anymore in three days.

"So how's the money situation going?" I asked with my head leaning against the seat.

"It's going" he replied.

"I'm serious Cooper, what's happening" I looked at him. He looked back at me and sighed.

"I'm thinking about taking it from the shop" he said.

"You can't do that, there's not enough" I said to him.

"I'll have to take some from the savings it's the only way" he said.

The savings not only has the money for the shop but also a little bit for coopers college funds. And still with all that combined it's not gonna be enough to cover barely 1,000 dollars of what he owes.

"Cooper it's not gonna be enough and you know it" I sighed out. My head was killing me, "and I don't want you borrowing from anyone else" I warned him.

"Don't worry I'm not, already learned that lesson. I'll get the money Rose" he said. I know he's stressed and all but so am I. He's the one that got us in this.

"How do you even know these guys in the first place?" I asked.

"Well" He said with hesitation, "I use to work for them"

Then it hit me. All those odd jobs he would work. The late nights when he was younger.

"So they were the ones you were running around with at 15?" I questioned.

"Yup" He said shortly, " technically, I didn't work for them, I worked with them" there was a slight pause, "there's a bigger man that controls the gang. I never met him. But he would send out orders to us to do whatever. We get the job done, report back, get paid. Simple" he said not taking his eyes off the road.

"Gangs are definitely something you don't want to get into Rosy, believe me, I barely made it out alive" he said sadly.

"No kidding but yet I find myself caught right in between" I said just to make sure he understood I was still mad at him.

"Why did you ask them in the first place?" I said.

"It was the easiest rout. I just asked and they granted. I worked along side them for so long. I didn't think they would take it to this level, but ever since the 'boss' died the new leaders have changed everything. It's not the same anymore. It's so much more aggressive. But that's gangs for you kiddo" he finished off saying as we pulled into the drive way. 

We both got out and trotted to the porch. Cooper opened the door and I headed for upstairs.

"I'm gonna rest my head, wake me up for dinner" is all I said as I bee lined it for my room.

I sat my bag down wherever on the floor and started to get undressed. All I did was leave my tank top and underwear on. I slipped underneath the sheets and passed out instantly.

(Picture up top of what she's wearing to sleep in)