18

"Baby, it's time to get up for work" Hunter said. Jayden groaned as she cuddled up closer to Hunter. "Do I have to" Jayden said. "What will get you out of bed" Hunter asked. "Drive me to work, pamper me" Jayden said. "I'm pretty sure I can do that but come on doesn't class start at nine" Hunter said. "Yeah" Jayden said. "It's eight now, if we leave right now I bet Joni's Donuts is open" Hunter said. Jayden got out of the warm bed as she groaned getting up. Jayden walked around the bed to Hunter as she hugged him for about a good while. "Rough night" Hunter asked. Jayden nodded, resting her head on his chest just listening to Hunter's heartbeat. "How about this, I stay with you at work till you can't dance no more, then over your lunch break I take you to a nice restaurant for lunch" Hunter said. Hunter's pointer finger lifted Jayden's head as she looked at him. "That sounds nice" Jayden said. Hunter chuckled brining Jayden in for another good ole fashion hug, Kissing her tired head as he did.

Jayden sat on the bed as Hunter picked out her outfit. He picked out maroon running pants with a black tank and a white crop top which ever Jayden preferred. "I won't be able to wear this as time passes" Jayden said. "Might as well have the freedom while you have it" Hunter said. Jayden changed into the clothes as Hunter brushed his teeth. The pants still had life in them compared to the shirt which was done for. So, Jayden decided to put on a bigger shirt that was Hunter's. Jayden's pregnancy caused her to gain a little weight so she fit into the shirt pretty well. Jayden stood in front of the mirror and saw her body change right before her eyes. Her eyes trailed down her body till she stopped at her feet. They looked bigger than usual probably from them swelling up due to extra fluid in the body and a growing uterus. Jayden sighed as Hunter stood behind her. "You still are beautiful to me" Hunter said. Jayden blushed madly then turning around she kissed Hunter. "How about those donuts" Jayden said. "Anything for my girl" Hunter said.

Hunter and Jayden out of the long gravelly drive way of the farm to be met with another gravel road. "How long are we on this road" Jayden asked. "Another mile then we hit the main road" Hunter said. The two held hands as they enjoyed each others company. The weather was a little cloudy for the summer which was normal. As they drove damage was seen for miles on end as tree limbs were scattered everywhere some houses had major damage compared to others, cars were beat up some from the tree's others hail. "Trent and I need to get down here to help out" Hunter said. Looking concerned as he drove past the damage. That's Jayden admired about Hunter was his care for others he was selfless. Jayden just looked over at Hunter with a loving gaze. Hunter felt her gaze as he kissed her hand bringing it up to his lips. "What are you thinking about" Hunter asked. Jayden sighed as she smiled while looking at Hunter. "Just how caring you are towards people" Jayden said. "My dad taught me how to be like that" Hunter said. "Liza told me about him and how you resemble him" Jayden said. "I've been hearing that" Hunter said.

"He had a love for racing that's how he met my mom" Hunter said. "Do tell" Jayden said. "That's another story for another time" Hunter said. "Will I ever hear the story" Jayden asked. "Someday" Hunter said. Hunter and Jayden arrived at Joni's they both got out of the car. Hand and hand walked inside to the smell of donuts, coffee, scones, coffee cake, and people mingling. "Hi welcome to Joni's" Amy said. Amy's the daughter of Joni Stenson who is the founder of Joni's. There was so many good no not good amazing is the word. Joni's donuts are beyond heaven, better than Krispy Kreme in Jayden's opinion. "I'll have a box of glazed donuts and a box of four of cake donuts sprinkled that'll be it" Hunter said. "Coming up" Amy said. Right away Amy went on a mission to collect the donuts and put them in a box. "Did you really need to get a box of glazed" Hunter asked. "There for my hard working dancers" Jayden said. "Just for the dancers" Hunter mocked. Causing Jayden to laugh to herself ok maybe the donuts were for her but she's probably going to share. Amy came back with two boxes of donuts in her hand setting them down on the counter. "Box of glazed and a four pack of sprinkled is ten dollars" Amy said. Hunter payed then the two left heading out to the car. "Away we go my lady" Hunter said. Jayden opened the box of sprinkled donuts without thinking about if Hunter wanted one. "I'm alright for now honey" Hunter said. Hunter ordered a coffee while they waited for their donuts earlier.

The two arrived at the studio with now one box of donuts remaining. "You really scarfed those down" Hunter said. "Eating for two" Jayden said. Taking the other box inside as Hunter followed her. Brooklyn stood inside with a smirk on her face. "Gaining weight I see" Brooklyn said. Jayden just ignored her snark remark as her and Hunter entered the dance room. "This is pregnancy weight" Jayden said. "I know babe, nothing to be worried about" Hunter said. Picking up a donut from the box as Jayden did a little stretch she bent down to touch the floor. She was close to that point but was inches away. After that it was time for class, the competion team girls didn't have class until later that day. So it was the five and six year olds at 10 then eight nine year olds at noon, break till two then at three the older girls started coming. That was Jayden's day in a nutshell.

The older girls started to arrive as Hunter and Jayden came back from lunch, which was very good in Jayden's perspective. All the girls and guys showed up even Pascal who returned a couple days ago making Juliette the happiest. "Now that everyone's here why don't we work on the group routine" Jayden said. Everyone nodded as the girls warmed up in a circle, the guys showed up a few minutes later joining the others to stretch. "When did you get back Frenchie" Titus asked. "A couple days ago actually" Pascal said. "It's good to have you back our girl Juliette was in the blues" Kiara said. Pascal kissed Juliette's temple as she leaned into his touch. "Not my Juliette she should never be in the blues" Pascal said. "Where's Caroline" Becca asked. Kiara went silent as she knew the answer to that question way too well. She stood up infant of the group. Since the last time the girls were all together Kiara and Caroline went to a support group for her eating disorder.

--------

Kiara

Everyone sat in a circle in a church basement with a table of snacks behind them. "Welcome everyone my name is Brenna let's start by going around and introducing ourselves" Brenna said. She had a black blazer on her hair straight as a arrow brows on fleek, black converse, under the blazer was a striped shirt, accompanied by a pair of skin tight blue jeans. "We have two new people here with us today, ladies who'd like to go first" Brenna said. Caroline stood up first, she had a shaky tone of voice at first as she looked around at everyone. they were all understanding as they heard her story and why she was here today. a few tears were shed as she came to the end she sat back down on the chair.

"Everyone of us here Caroline is here for you through out your recovery journey" Brenna said. Her eyes shifted from Caroline to me, did I have anything to say, better yet reveal to this group of unknowns. There was one thing that I needed to get off my chest. Now was the time to tell it.

Standing up I looked at my shoes, they had a smudge of dirt on them from the rain outside. "Hi, My name is Kiara I'm here today in support of my friend Caroline here" I said. I took a big breath before speaking again. "What's been a dark point in your life" Brenna asked. I felt the scars faintly recover their remembrance on my arm. "I'm a cutter" I said. "What, caused you to self harm" Brenna asked. Did I have a reason for self harm...Looking back at Brenna I knew what the truth was. "I...I was depressed, I was given up during childbirth my biological parents gave me up, because they didn't want me, I was adopted by a white family, they have two foster children" I said. Fighting back the tears of the wound called life slashed through me with memories. "I started cutting when I was entering middle school" I said. "Why middle school" Brenna asked. "I didn't have very many friends" I said. After that I didn't want to speak anymore I sat down next to Caroline. She took my hand in hers as we sat together in the church basement in a circle on a Saturday night.