23

Kendall :)

All day I've been in a boring building called skull, screw, skateboard. I can't remember the name it's one of those. A lady by the name of Hollow has been talking since I showed up. "What's one plus one" Hollow asked. All around me kids my age raised their hands. "Shayla" Hollow said. "It's two" Shayla said. Hollow went on and on. Going on about different numbers plus's or minus's while I remained lost. Did I mention dad and I watch lost. But mom says I can't stay up to watch it. I'm what she says too young what does it mean. After thinking about lost for a few minutes I came back to reality. Everyone around me went to their tables.

"Kendall math time buddy" Hollow said. "Didn't we just do math" I asked. Hollow smiled at me as she nodded. "Yes but now it's time for you to do some practice math problems, can you do that" Hollow said. "I guess I can" I said. My table was the color blue in the shape of a stop sign. Aren't stop signs supposed to be red. Looking around my table I saw Shayla already done with her work. "How'd you do that" I asked. "I don't know I guess i'm gifted" Shayla said. I wish I could be gifted. "How can you be gifted it's not your birthday" I said. "She's smart unlike you dummy" Daniel said. "Don't be mean" Shayla said. "Well it's true look at him, he couldn't figure out what one plus one is I mean how hard is that" Daniel said. Daniel and his friends laughed at me for being dumb. Looking across the table Shayla gave me a sympathetic look.

"Don't let him get to you Kenny" Shayla said. Momma, aunt Jayden and dad called me Kenny it was weird to hear it from someone else. Looking down at my paper I didn't understand a thing. it felt like the numbers were floating all around. Which made me want to throw a tantrum for how much the numbers were being difficult. Shayla was out of her chair. I didn't notice that she was stood right next to me. Looking over at Shayla I gave her my pencil. "Lauren be on the look out for hollow" Shayla said. Lauren nodded just then Shayla was done with my entire paper. "All done" Shayla said. "Wow, you should be a scientist" I said. Hollow stood up as she collected all of the math papers. "I want to be one someday" Shayla said. "Really, I want to be a pilot to travel the world on planes" I said. Getting up from my chair I spread my arms out wide and pretended I was an airplane. Just like the ones at the aviator mom and dad took me to.

"What an airhead" Daniel said. everyone started to laugh at me again. I didn't know why. My smile fell from my face. "Kendall the airhead" the class chanted. "Daniel, Ben, and Logan come with me right now" Hollow said. Tears stained my cheeks I didn't know until I felt warm water slip from my eyes. Running out of the class I didn't look back. "Kendall" Shayla shouted. I kept running until I was outside on the playground. I went to my only safe place away from everyone. that place was the treehouse that also was a slide.

"Kenny" Shayla said. she sat next me as I cried into my arms. "Why are they such meanies" I said. "They like to poke fun at people who aren't them because they're jerks" Shayla said. "I just wanted to be airplane" I said. "We can be airplanes at recess" Shayla said. Momma said being an airplane was my way to release energy. "Kenny, do you think you might have ADHD" Shayla said. Airplanes are so cool up close I mean the huge wings and the big spinner thing. I didn't care what Shayla was talking about. why was she talking about adding. "can we be airplanes now" I asked. Shayla had a smile that she knew what was going on in my brain. I didn't know what was going on. "Sure but we need to go back to the landing strip before the helicopter hollow finds us" Shayla said.

Shayla and I flew all around the playground. Her and I were airplanes making airplane like noises. All was fun until Hollow found us. Shayla stopped being a airplane. I still was having fun being a airplane. "Kendall lets go in buddy" Hollow said. Hollow gave up after thirty minutes. she knew along with Shayla what was happening. Not long after that momma and daddy showed up to take me home. But we weren't home for very long since they took me to a doctor. The doctor asked me questions I answered a few but not all. Since there were so many cool toys all around. The doctor still asked me the same questions. I answered a few more until I didn't want to anymore.

When we got home I looked out the window hoping to see Shayla. I didn't see her, I hope she still wants to be my friend. Shayla was the only friend I had. In a house full of older people I didn't always have someone to play airplanes with. Most of the time It was me and my imagination. Sometimes I wished for a baby brother or sister to play with. Being an only child wasn't as fun, Hunter is a fun older brother. Wait is he my brother, since we have different dads. Going to the door I heard screaming and a weird noise that sounded like a dying cow.

Opening the door I saw Hunter helping a very full Jayden down the stairs. "Hun pull the car around front" Momma said. Daddy nodded as he ran out the door. "What's wrong" I asked. "Aunt Jayden's going to have her baby" Momma said. "Can I come" I asked. "You'll be going over to your cousins house, aunt Sydney will drive you all over to the hospital" Momma said. A smile grew on my face. "I can't wait to see my cousins" I said.

Momma dropped me off at my cousins house. Which I haven't seen them in forever. "Hi Kenny" Sydney said. Who was in the kitchen cooking food that smelled good. "Kids, Kendall's here come say hello" Sydney said. Braxton, Carson and Blake all came downstairs. "Hi Kenny" Braxton said. Hugging me unexpectedly as I hugged her back. "Momma why's Kendall here" Carson asked. "Aunt Jayden's having her baby today so Aunt Elizabeth dropped him off here" Sydney said. "When's daddy coming home" Carson asked. "He'll be home soon he's working late tonight" Sydney said.

Blake was acting really weird he was running around the house without his clothes which I thought was pretty funny. "Blake put your clothes on" Braxton shouted as she walked upstairs. Not a moment more Aunt Sydney came running after Blake. "I wanna go outside momma" Blake said. "Not like this Blake" Sydney said. Shrugging my shoulders I ran after my cousin.

Braxton look sad sitting in her room. So I knocked and went in. "Hi Kenny" Braxton said. I sat on the bed next to her. "No cry" I said. She wiped her eyes then laughed. "I'm sorry, it's just been hard lately" Braxton said. "How" I asked. Braxton was a couple years older than me so she knew more.

"My mom and dad have been fighting a lot to the point where I'm sent to my grandmas to spend the night" Braxton said. "They wouldn't had you if they didn't like each other" I said. Braxton punched my arm lightly, "I know that but it's hard having parents who fight constantly" Braxton said. A couple more minutes later aunt Sydney rushed into the room. "Who's ready to meet your new cousin" Sydney said. Braxton and I had smiles on our faces. "Pack up some toys and get to the car" Sydney said. It didn't take long before we arrived at the hospital.

"Where's Jayden and Hunter" Braxton asked. "They are having their baby right now B" Sydney said. Braxton looked over at me with a smile on her face. "Aren't you excited to meet him or her" Braxton said. I nodded slightly, I didn't know what to expect with a new baby.