Chapter Two

Tom POV

My plane landed in the morning in New York and I was shattered but I knew that I would have to adjust to the jet lag quickly. Rehearsals would be starting in a couple of days and although we all knew the play like the back of our hands we knew that Jamie the director was keen for this play to be perfect again ready for the first night. I was met at the airport by one of the team from the theatre who would be showing me to my hotel they had arranged for me for my six month stay.

"Hey Tom it's great to see you again" Emily said enthusiastically while we hugged as we first met up again for the first time since Betrayal ended in London.

"You too Emily" I replied as she helped take one of my many bags for me.

We walked through the airport and were met by the paparazzi. I had been lucky to get away with not being spotted in London but JFK was a completely different airport. There were loads of men stood there all pointing cameras at us both as we tried to make our way towards the exits. The flashes from their camera flashes nearly blinding. I always try to remain polite and gave them a brief smile as I tried to walk past whilst quickening my pace to get away from here as soon as possible.

Once my luggage and Emily and I were all in the back of one of New York's yellow taxis I could finally take a sigh of relief.

Emily gave the driver the name of a hotel I knew to be in Hell's Kitchen and I smiled to myself at the irony. Zawe, Charlie and I would all be staying at the same hotel as each other so that meant that Daredevil was back in Hell's kitchen.

The journey took about ninety minutes with the traffic to get from the airport onto Manhattan Island and then to our hotel. Once in the hotel foyer Emily got my room key and left me to it to make my way to what would be my home for the next six months. As I unlocked the room and stepped in I was in love with it. It wasn't a suite but it was still a large room with a large bed to one end of the room and a sofa and dresser with a television on at the other. The bathroom had a large walk in shower and freestanding bath but it was the view which was my favourite part. My room was on the sixth floor of the hotel and the view from my window looked out across the Hudson River. It was beautiful.

I knew I had a pretty clear schedule until later on so to stop myself from sleeping I decided to start unpacking and make the room feel more like home. I was halfway through my large suitcase when there was a knock on the door. I dropped the shirt I was currently holding back into the case and made my way to the door.

"Tom your here!" Came the familiar voice of Zawe as I opened the door. Stood beside her was Charlie.

"Hey guys, come in. Can you believe we are in New York?" I said as I stood back from the door to let them both into my room.

"I know it's crazy" Charlie replied as he sank down into the sofa. "Betrayal on Broadway."

The words sounded crazy just coming from Charlie's mouth. Who would have thought the three of us would all be making our Broadways debuts together.

"How was your flight?" Zawe asked as she sat down beside Charlie. "It got delayed didn't it?"

"Yeah it was delayed by an hour so not to bad" I replied before the image of the girl flashed back into my mind. She had barely left my mind for the entire flight and it was only with the distraction of security and immigration as I had arrived at JFK which had distracted me but here she was back again.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked a concerned look on his face.

I tried to shake myself to sort myself out. What was wrong with me whilst Zawe and Charlie both continued to watch me.

"I don't know guys, there was this girl at Heathrow airport and since I have seen her she has been stuck on my mind" I replied thinking back to that sad face and how I just wanted to be able to help her.

"Ah she was good looking then?" Charlie asked.

"I don't mean like that" I said quickly before either of them could jump to conclusions. "Yes she was pretty, infact she was beautiful but there was just something about her. She seemed so sad and was definitely worrying about something. She sat for a whole hour just staring at the ground biting her lip. She never moved."

"Maybe she was scared of flying" Zawe suggested shrugging her shoulders.

"It seemed more than than. This was definitely more than a fear of flying" I replied as I took a sigh and sat on the edge of my bed beside my open suitcase.

"There is nothing you can do now though Tom, she could be anywhere in the world. Just try to forget about her. I am sure she will be okay" Charlie said.

"I know" I replied closing my eyes and rubbing the bridge of my nose. Jet lag really wasn't helping at the moment. I knew Charlie was right but part of me knew that this girl was going to be hard to forget about.

By four in the afternoon I had unpacked and admitted defeat and had an hours sleep to try and make myself feel better. I splashed my face with water before leaving my room to jump in the taxi to the theatre. Charlie and Zawe had already been to the Bernard B Jacobs theatre to have a look around so it would just be me today. I was to meet the theatre manager there who would give me the tour.

The sights of Manhattan were beautiful from my taxi as we made our way through Times Square to the theatre. I was looking forward to getting more time to explore the city over the next six months. I had been to New York before many times before for filming and on holiday but never for this long so I really hoped to get to see some of the more unknown places during my six month stay.

I paid my driver as we reached the theatre and as I stepped out of my taxi I was met by the theatre manager. I quickly shook his hand before taking a quick selfie of myself in front of the theatre. Maybe it was time I should start using my Instagram account again.

A group of fans were quickly forming around me so I quickly said my hellos before making my way in through the stage door.

The theatre was beautiful as I was shown around. There was another production still here at the moment but it wouldn't be long at all till we would be in setting up for Betrayal and the more I was shown around the theatre the more it hit me. I was going to be performing on Broadway.