Chapter Twenty Eight

Flick POV

I couldn't believe I was actually here. The walls of the room were grey and depressing as I looked down at my hands. I was worried about this whole thing. I felt Tom reach across and take my hands in his and give them a reassuring squeeze. I glanced up again to look him in the eye and he was smiling at me, his bright blue eyes trying to tell me that everything was going to me okay. I looked down at the desk in front of me to the phone number that had been scribbled down. The phone number of my blackmailer. Would they really be able to trace who this was?

I had been surprised when Tom had spoken to me following a show one evening to suggest that would should contact the police about the blackmailer. When we had previously discussed it, we had decided we would wait to see if they ever messaged me again but yet here I was sat in a police interview room beside Tom. I was nervous. The last time the blackmailer had been in touch they had told me that they would hurt my family should I ever tell anyone about them and yet here I was sat in a police station. What if the blackmailer was watching me and knew exactly where I was right now.

I tried to calm myself and remind myself that surely if they had been watching me they would know that Tom and I were back together again and yet the texts hadn't restarted.

"So explain to me again Mr Hiddleston, when exactly did the messages begin?" The police officer asked.

As soon as we had arrived at the police station and Tom had mentioned at the front desk what this was about, we had been brought through to this room where we were now sat facing two police officers whilst they wrote down all the details.

I watched as Tom handed my phone over to one of the police officers.

"That was the very first message they sent" Tom said as I watched the officers read the message and then begin scribbling down notes in their notepads in front of them.

The police officers both began to scroll through the conversation on my phone and take notes before handing the phone back over to Tom.

"So you have no idea who this could be?" The older officer asked us both.

"No, they say they are a fan of mine but we don't understand how they could have possibly obtained Flick's phone number. It just doesn't seem to make sense" Tom replied.

"Okay thank you, I think that is everything we need for now. We will pass the phone number onto our intelligence department who will try to locate the owner of that phone and then further our investigations from there. We will be in touch in due course" the taller officer said as we all stood from our seats. We both shook hands with the officers before making our way out of the room, Tom taking my hand and giving it a squeeze.

"Everything will be okay now" I heard him whisper as we stepped out into the street and climbed into the waiting car Tom had arranged for us.

A/N apologies for the very short chapter but this was more just to get the investigations started. Fun chapter next coming very soon featuring someone new for Flick to meet ;)