Chapter Seven

Tom POV

I woke at eight the following morning hoping to get my body clock quickly set to New York time again. With all this travelling I had done over the last fortnight the jet lag was driving me insane. As I stretched my body out thinking about going for a run before having to be at the theatre I heard a message alert on my phone.

What a nightmare. Jack is making me take a day off today as I haven't had one since I have arrived. He never has a day off so why do I have to. Flick x

I laughed to myself as I could just imagine Flick's reaction right now. Last night I had been so desperate to see her again when I had arrived back that without really thinking I had just gone straight to the diner. I felt a bit guilty as I think I had made things a little awkward for her with her brother but then she had come to sit with me for the last hour before they closed. It had been so nice just to be able to talk to her properly without the text messages. She had nearly begun to open up to me too but I understood why she still wanted to keep all that to herself as after all she had only met me twice.

Good morning Felicity

I knew that would drive her insane and I liked to keep our friendship happy and so we could have a laugh with each other.

I don't know how you would feel about this but it may just be your lucky day. I have only got to go to the theatre for an hour today so maybe you would like to spend the rest of the day with me? Tom x

I pressed send and then nervously waited for her reply. I didn't know why I was so nervous, maybe it was because I really didn't want to be rejected by her. I was trying not to be too forward but that was just making me nervous to ask her anything.

You are a lifesaver! Would you mind? I really hate being alone and Jack and Casey will be working all day. Flick x

I read her reply with relief before quickly replying.

Of course I don't mind. I wouldn't have asked in the first place if I had. It would be lovely to have your company for the day. Why don't you meet me outside the Bernard B Jacobs theatre at eleven and we will go from there? Tom x

It's a deal, I'll see you there. Flick x

I took a deep breath as I took in what was happening. I was finally going to be able to spend some time with Flick. Of course last night had been great but it had been short. Today we would have to whole day together. I just had to hope we would keep a low profile a away from any cameras now.

***

"So she will be waiting outside right now?" Charlie asked as I grabbed my bag from my dressing room.

"She should be unless she has stood me up" I replied with a laugh although deep down a heavy feeling dropped in my stomach. I really hope she hasn't stood me up.

"Please can we come out with you and say hello?" Zawe asks.

I haven't been able to shut up about Flick all morning whilst I have been with Charlie and Zawe and I think that has meant that some of my excitement had rubbed off on them both too.

"Of course" I reply as I knew I wouldn't be able to stop them even if I had wanted to "but please don't try to scare the poor girl by being too excitable will you?"

"Like we would?" Zawe pouts at me before running of to her dressing room to grab her bag so that we could all leave together.

I pull on my black baseball cap and sunglasses in the hopes of making me less recognisable and make my way out the stage door with Charlie and Zawe right behind me.