Chapter Nine

Flick POV

The breakfast rush had just finished when I heard Jack calling me over.

"So when are you going to tell me how your day with Tom went yesterday then?" Jack asked.

"It was amazing" I replied as I put the plates I had just cleared from a nearby table onto the counter ready to be washed.

"He certainly knows how to put that smile back on your face" Jack said. I felt myself blush at his words. I certainly felt much happier since spending time with Tom than I had previously been but I hadn't realised it would have been as noticeable to other people to.

"I wanted to ask you a favour about Tom actually" I began seeing this as a good time. "He text me earlier this morning to see if I fancied meeting up with him this evening and I was wondering if you would mind if I invited him round to your house to watch a movie?" I asked.

I watched as Jack raised his eyebrow at me.

"And will watching a moving be all you have in mind?" Jack questioned.

"Jack we are friends, of course that is all we both have in mind" I replied.

"Well are you sure as both Casey and I will be working this evening" Jack said still looking concerned.

"I will be fine Jack I promise" I replied hoping to convince him.

***

It was six in the evening when I heard a light knock at the door. I rushed towards the door excited to see Tom again. He had been busy in the theatre for most of the day today so we hadn't been able to exchange many text messages so I had missed him today.

As I opened the door I couldn't help but take a deep breath at what I saw. He was wearing a white T-shirt which really emphasised his toned body underneath and black jeans.

"Please come in and make yourself at home" I said stepping back from the door. Tom stepped over the threshold pulling me into a hug.

"I have been looking forward to this evening all day" Tom said as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I thought we could order take away" I suggested as we closed the front door and Tom followed me through to the living room.

"That sounds great to me and I have brought some wine if you fancy it" Tom replied holding out the bottle he had been holding.

Whilst Tom took a seat on the sofa, I walked through to the kitchen and grabbed two glasses and the stack of takeaway menus Casey kept in there.

"What do you fancy?" I asked as I placed the two glasses down on the coffee table once I had returned and fanned out the pile of takeaway menus for Tom to see.

"Do you like Chinese?" Tom asked.

"I love it. It's one of my favourites" I replied.

"Chinese it is then!" Tom replied cheerfully.

We decided on our order together and then Tom volunteered to call and place the order for delivery. As he sat back into the sofa holding his phone to his ear his ran his free hand through his hair causing his T-shirt to rise exploding a small strip of his stomach. At the sight of it, before I could even think about what I was doing I let out a barely audible sigh before quickly realising what I was doing and going quite again.

Of course I though Tom was attractive. Who wouldn't. Even before I had met him I would always watch the Thor films most out of all the Marvel films just to see Tom as Loki. But Tom was never going to like me like that. He was a movie star and I was just a waitress in a diner for gods sake. We were friends and that would be how it would probably stay.

"Order is placed and should be hear soon" Tom said cheerfully as he leant forward to pour the wine into the two glasses and then handed me a glass. He held his glass up for a toast and as my glass touched his he said,

"To us"

"To us" I repeated before taking my first sip.

I showed Tom Jack and Casey's film collection and between us we chose to watch the first Hobbit film. The Chinese arrived shortly after the film started and we sat together on the sofa eating.

We had a quick break after watching the Hobit whilst we cleared away all the takeaway containers and then I found a second bottle of wine for us and we began to watch the second Hobit film. I knew it was starting to get late now but I was enjoying myself this evening with Tom that I didn't want this evening to end. As the film began I rested my head on Tom's shoulder as he took my hand in his and began to rub soothing circles into the back of my hand with his thumb. I wanted the moment to last forever. I was content and happy. I hadn't felt like this for a long time even before I had left my fiancé. I felt like I had no worries when I was with Tom as all that mattered when we were together was each other. He seemed to know all the right things to say and although he had been shocked when I had told him my story yesterday it hadn't affected our friendship at all. In fact it had made us stronger and brought us together. Now that that barrier had disappeared I felt I could be old self more around him and relax more in his presence. A week ago I would never have thought to rest my head on a mans shoulder after what had happened yet here I was with my head on no other than Tom Hiddleston's shoulder. Tom Hiddleston who I now classed as one of the closest people to me.

***

I felt myself being shaken awake and I hadn't even realised I had been asleep. I felt Tom stir beside me and as I began to come around I realised we were both covered in a blanket and it didn't appear to be the evening anymore. Infact judging by the light that was creeping through the curtains it was early morning.

"You both seemed so peaceful last night when we got home that we thought it would be a shame to wake you" Casey said as she handed us both a mug of coffee.

"We hope you don't mind" Jack said more for Tom's benefit more than mine.

"What time is it?" Tom asked as he stretched his long arms out above him.

"Just after six" Casey replied.

I groaned to myself. Although I wasn't tired as I had had plenty of sleep the thought of having to leave Tom and be at the diner in an hour did not please me.

"You are welcome to have a shower and come to the diner for breakfast if you want" Jack added to Tom.

"Thank you for the kind offer but I should get back to my hotel. Maybe some other time. I have a meeting with Jamie our director at eight" Tom replied as he took a gulp of the coffee and stood to his feet.

"No worries" Jack replied as he took the mug from Tom.

Tom turned back round to me and leant over placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll speak to you later" he whispered into my ear before standing and saying goodbye to us all and leaving.

I stared into my coffee cup as I tried to remember the last moment of last night but all I could remember was watching the Hobit films with Tom. But wow to think that I had spent the night sleeping beside Tom Hiddleston!