Chapter Twenty One

Tom POV

It was the Monday following our official opening night at the theatre and I was finally able to enjoy a day off with Flick. I had awoken early like usual while Flick had continued to sleep soundly beside me. I had thought about going for a run whilst Flick had slept but instead just decided to stay lay beside her my arms wrapped around her holding her close to me. The necklace I had given to her last week I could see glistening on her chest.

A soft knocking downstairs brought me to my senses as Bobby who had been sleeping at the end of our bed began to bark waking Flick.

"What's happening?" Flick asked in a daze as she propped herself up in bed.

"I think there is someone at the front door" I replied as I climbed out of bed and began to throw the T-shirt and shorts I would have worn on a run on quickly to head downstairs.

I left the room with Bobby and Flick followed behind rubbing her eyes as she yawned. Once downstairs I opened the door to a very worried looking Zawe.

"Is everything okay?" I asked seeing her face for the first time.

"Can I come in please Tom? Is Flick in?" She asked hurriedly. I nodded my head and stepped back to allow Zawe to pass. Flick had now reached the bottom of the stairs and looked at us both confused.

"Oh Flick, it's not true I promise" Zawe said rushing forward towards Flick as she saw her. Flick looked over at me her face full of confusion.

"What are you sorry for?" Flick said asking the question I also wanted to ask.

"Have you not seen it?" Zawe asked as she pulled the laptop out of the bag she had been carrying.

Both our confused faces must have answered her question as she put the laptop down opening it and turning it to face us. It was open on a webpage to a British newspaper where the headline read:
"Tom Hiddleston dating his Betrayal co-star Zawe Ashton"

We both began to read through this article as my blood began to boil. Why did the papers always have to spread rumours when there was no truth in any of it. And now could this put an doubt in Flick's mind. Could she think that I was cheating on her.

I heard Flick began to laugh beside me as my insides were shaking with rage. Her laughter confused me. Was she not angry about this like I was? Was she not angry at me for thinking I might be cheating on her.

"I knew something like this would happen eventually" Flick said once she had managed to catch her breath back.

I continued to stare at her confused.

"Come on Tom, tell me that you haven't been linked to every female co-star you have worked with before?" Flick continued.

Realising that she wasn't mad at all I began to see sense. The same sense that Flick was obviously following.

"I guess your right there" I replied as I tried to calm my breathing.

"So you aren't mad at me?" Zawe asked.

"Of course not Zawe. This is just the papers making stuff up again. They see two single co-stars and instantly put them together. If Charlie were single you would probably have been linked up to him also. The papers would have had a field day then calling it the real life Betrayal love triangle" Flick replied. I was just so glad that she wasn't taking any of this seriously.

"I just would hate for people to treat you differently as they think you are being cheated on" Zawe said. She had obviously become very stressed over the situation.

"The only people who know about Tom and I are my family and your co-stars. You all know what Tom is like and what the truth is. Nobody will believe I am being cheated on as they will all know how ridiculous the newspaper is" Flick replied.

I pulled Flick into my arms. I had always been so worried about exposing Flick to the industry I worked within because of the rumours that the media spread but she seemed to be taking this all in her stride. I obviously still didn't want to throw Flick into the limelight but at least now I knew that she wasn't going to believe everything she read.

"I love you Flick" I said looking deeply into her eyes.

"I love you too" Flick replied as she reached up and placed a kiss on my neck resting her head on my shoulder.

"See and why would I want to break up a relationship like that" Zawe laughed from behind us.

"At least this will deter the press from the scent of us" I whispered to Flick. The press believing that I was possibly dating Zawe would mean that they were clueless to anything about Flick. I had tried so hard to keep Flick safe from the world and I was going to try my damn hardest to keep it that way.

We all decided to head to breakfast together and of course we all chose Jack's diner. Zawe called Charlie on the way to see if he wanted to join us and he told us he would meet us there. As we walked a long the street the morning sun bright I couldn't help but grin with my happiness. New York had truly been the best decision for me. Betrayal was doing amazing on Broadway and I had met my love Flick.

A/N - thank you to everyone who has supported this story so far. It means a lot. Unfortunately I may not be able to update this story now for a couple of weeks but don't worry I will be back very soon!