Chapter Twenty Nine

Flick POV

Any chance you can meet me at my hotel in 15 minutes? Tom x

I read the message quickly as I hastily pushed my laundry into the machine in Jack's kitchen. It was Monday and the day off I shared with Tom. He had left this morning for a run after receiving a phone call taking Bobby with him leaving me to get up and grab a shower in peace.

Sure on my way. Flick x

I replied quickly to Tom's message before running through to my room to grab my bag and keys. I was a little confused as to why Tom was back at his hotel now that he was back practically living with me again at Jack's place but I guessed he must have had something to pick up.

I knocked on Tom's hotel door and heard Bobby start barking from the other side before it opened to show me Tom's smiling face.

"You made it" Tom replied brightly pulling me into his arms. Bobby was jumping up excitedly at our legs.

"Everything okay?" I asked as we stepped apart.

"I have someone here who I would like you to meet" Tom replied stepping to the side to reveal that he hadn't been alone. Sat over on the sofa was a beautiful lady with shoulder length dark hair and brown eyes. I then noticed who she was sat beside and my mouth dropped open in shock.

It was Benedict Cumberbatch.

My inner fan girl began to scream inside me as Benedict stood from the sofa and began to walk over to us. I was a huge fan of Sherlock and here he was stood in Tom's hotel room.

"Flick I would like you to meet my good friend Ben and his wife Sophie" Tom gestured as Benedict reached me and kissed me on the cheek. I felt myself instantly blush. Sherlock Holmes had just kissed me!

"Flick it is so good to finally meet you" Benedict said in his cheerful voice. "I have heard so much about you."

"All good I hope" I replied blushing even more.

"Of course" Benedict replied with a soft laugh. "This guy is completely smitten with you."

Sophie stepped forward next and gave me a hug. "It is such a pleasure to finally meet the girl who has placed that smile on Tom's face."

I turned to Tom and his face was beaming. He seemed to be so proud finally getting to introduce me to his good friends.

"I didn't realise you were going to be in New York, Tom failed to mention it to me but it is so lovely to finally meet you both" I replied as we all found seats to sit in.

"To be fair we only told Tom this morning. We just didn't really know how much time we would have spare while we are on this promotional trip" Benedict replied.

"Promotional trip?" I questioned.

"Yes it is the New York premiere for Current War this evening" Ben replied.

We spent the next couple of hours sat talking in the hotel room. Tom phoned for room service and a tray of tea and cakes were brought to his room. Having missed breakfast I couldn't wait to start eating some of the cakes.

"We do have something to ask you Flick" Ben began once Tom had poured the tea into four cups and handed them to each of us.

"Go on" I replied.

"Now we understand that you don't want to be in the public eye but we were wondering if you would like to come to the premiere this evening. Tom is invited of course and we wouldn't expect either of you to walk the red carpet." Ben said.