Chapter Thirty Six

Flick POV

The days following Jack and Tom's announcement had my head in chaos. My heart immediately wanted me to to say yes. The idea of living with Tom sounded like a dream. These last few months had been amazing but at the end of the day we had always just been staying in the spare room of my brothers house but to have a home together would be even better. I loved the diner also and what Jack had offered me was an amazing opportunity. It would be a lot of work but I always loved a challenge and Jack would always be at the end of the phone at the end of the day should I need him.

My head had other things in mind. My head wanted me to immediately say no. I couldn't go back to London. Bad things happen in London. I am a different person in London. I am upset, low and depressed. Why would I want to go back there. London was the old me, New York the new me.

I would make my mind up and then five minutes later I would change it again never being completely confident with either decision. Tom and Jack had neither mentioned the idea to me again since that night. Each leaving me to make this decision completely on my own.

"Flick do you fancy walking Bobby with me this morning?" Tom asked one morning as I stood starring out the kitchen window breaking my thoughts. "I thought the fresh air would do us both good."

I nodded before returning to our bedroom to change from my pyjamas. It was cool outside so I pulled on my leather booths and my warm coat on top of the usual jeans and jumper.

"I'm ready" I said as I reemerged whilst Tom put Bobby's harness on him.

We walked over to Central Park in silence. Each just taking in the city around us. The leaves had almost all fallen from the trees around us now and it was clear that winter was well on its way. This didn't deter the people of this city though as they all continued in the hustle and bustle of their daily lives.

Shortly into the park Tom stopped and sat himself down on one of the benches whilst Bobby lay down on the ground beside him. I watched him confused. I though the whole idea was to walk Bobby. Tom patted the seat beside me on the bench indicating for me to sit down which I did.

"I wanted to talk to you today to see where you're heads at" Tom began.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I watched a squirrel run across in front of us. Bobby lifted his head too but didn't try to chase it.

"Jack and I threw a lot of information at you the other day and I was just wondering where your thoughts were with the whole idea?" Tom replied.

"You mean about London?" I asked but I knew that is exactly what Tom meant.

Tom nodded but I remained silent for a moment staring out across at the trees in front of us as I gathered my thoughts together. How did I tell Tom exactly how I was feeling about this when I didn't even really know myself?

I began slowly hoping the words would come to me as I spoke.

"To be honest I just don't know what to do. My head is all over the place." I began avoiding eye contact with Tom and continuing to stare out over to the trees.

"The offer you and Jack have made me is amazing. A home, a job and a fresh start. So much when you have both already given me so much already."

" I feel like there is a but coming" Tom said speaking quietly. An ounce of pain in his voice. I knew that if I turned this offer down it would hurt him. He would feel like I had rejected him all over again. I turned to Tom but now he was staring out over to the trees his eyes glazed over. He was holding back his tears.

"London holds a lot of bad memories for me and well I am just scared. Scared that it might all happen all over again?" I replied.

I watched as Tom snapped out of his stare turning his gaze directly to me his eyes now only full of love and compassion.

"If you are scared that I will do what Lewis did to you please don't be. I love you with all my heart. You have shown me what true love is like and I never want to lose that feeling with you. We will make new memories in London together to wipe those old memories."

I sat thinking about Tom's words for a moment till he spoke again.

"Please will you just come to London with me and try it? I promise you that if you aren't happy I will let you come back here without any argument and we will then figure something else out. I will fully support any decision you make you have my word."

I turned back to face Tom again blinking the tears away which were forming in my eyes.

"Okay Tom I'll move back to London" I replied as I collapsed forward into his arms. Saying those words came as a huge relief as the decision I had been worrying about for days now had finally be made. The weight finally lifted from my shoulders.

I felt Tom's arms wrap around my back as he pulled me closer to him as I nuzzled my head into his shoulder as inhaled his familiar scent. What was there to worry about anymore? I had Tom and no matter what whereever we were in the world that was all that mattered. I realised that now. He was right we could make new memories of London to delete those that continued to haunt me. We would make our memories.

***

Now that I finally knew that I had made the correct decision I knew that I shouldn't leave Jack hanging any longer waiting for my response to his offer. It was his business at the end of the day so he needed my response. I was due to start my shift at the diner soon whilst Tom would be heading to the theatre but we both agreed that we would go to the diner together first. We called at home first to grab our bags and things we would need and then walked around to the diner. It was just before lunchtime when we arrived and the diner was quieter between the breakfast and lunch periods. We found Jack and Casey talking towards the end of the counter and headed over.

"We have some news" I said pulling myself up onto one of the stools at the counter. Tom sat himself down with ease at the one beside me.

"Oh yes" Jack asked with curiosity.

"Well you are going to have to find someone else to replace this amazing waitress in New York" I joked as I pointed to myself "as this waitress is moving to London!"

"That's brilliant" Jack said running around the counter to pull me into a hug. "Not that I won't be sad to not have you round the place but I know this is the right decision for you."

"I know Jack, I realise that now" I replied my smile broad.