Chapter Thirty Nine

Flick POV

I stood at the side of the stage unseen by the audience as I watched Tom, Charlie and Zawe take their final bows for the final time in Betrayal. As they walked towards me to leave the stage I could see the tears in Tom's eyes glistening. This was it. This was the end of their run. The characters they had played for the last year of their lives would now be forgotten about until the next production began and new actors would take those roles.

Now it would be onto the next stage of our lives. As Tom reached me he pulled me into his arms holding him tight to me.

"I love you Flick" he whispered.

"I love you too Tom" I replied as I comforted him.

I knew exactly what would be going through his mind at that moment. New York had been a crazy experience for us both. From meeting each other and falling in love to Betrayal, Tom's public appearances and events he had attended whilst in New York, the honours he had be bestowed to all the drama of our relationship and Lewis. New York had brought us together and then pushed us apart and then eventually brought us back together again even closer than ever.

Once our embrace had ended Tom took my hand leading me through the crew who were celebrating the final show to his dressing room. He remained silent as he sat down on the sofa and then pulled me down onto his knee, holding me in his arms.

"That's it" he whispered as though he wasn't yet quite able to believe it yet.

"You have done amazing though Tom. You should be really proud of yourself, I know I am" I replied as I nuzzled myself in his neck. Placing light kisses to his skin just above the neck of his jumper.

We remained in silence for a few minutes both just enjoying each other's comfort.

"I could stay like this all day" Tom sighed as he helped me back to my feet. He quickly changed from his costume back to his own clothes and after another quick kiss left his dressing room to do stage door one last time. I looked around his dressing room as he left. Over the last couple of days Tom had begun to pack away all his belonging into boxes around the room and all that remained now was his coffee machine and a few grooming products. It was strange to think that after today I would probably never set foot in this room again.

Once stage door was finished Tom returned to his dressing room to meet up with me again and then with Charlie, Eddie and Zawe we all caught a taxi to the Le Bernardin Restaurant for our final celebration.

"To our final show" Charlie said raising his wine glass once we had been seated at our table and we had ordered our food.

"The final show" we all repeated in unison.

"Was it just me, or was anyone emotional at the end of the show?" Zawe asked placing her glass down on the table.

"I think we all were" Charlie replied and Tom and Eddie nodded in acknowledgement.

"That play has been such a huge part of our lives over the last year, it really has become a part of me" Tom said.

"And New York has just been amazing" Eddie added.

"I'll definitely agree to that" I laughed placing a kiss on Tom's cheek to prove my point. The whole table laughed.

"Can you just imagine if we had never moved the show to Broadway" Zawe said placing her hand to her mouth.

"I for one am very happy we moved this show to Broadway. This trip has certainly been memorable for me" Tom replied squeezing my hand.

"Me too" I replied as I though back to six months ago. I tried to imagine where my life might have been now had I never met Tom and I knew that it wouldn't be as happy as it is now.

We spent the evening all enjoying each other's company as it would be the last time we would all be together for a while. Zawe and Eddie were booked on to a flight back to London the following day where as Charlie, Tom and myself would be following a week later and of course we would all be straight into new work projects. Tom already had the new Loki series booked into his schedule and he would start filming shortly after Christmas. I tried not to think about that fact that Tom would be away from home for weeks on end filming but I hoped that my new diner would keep me distracted and busy.

The plans for the diner were now speeding ahead and contractors were due to start building work on the property shortly after we arrived home and the grand opening would be shortly into the new year. Of course everyone had agreed to be there for the opening and the cast were seeing it as potentially their first reunion.

I watched each of my friends sat around this table each one just as special to me as the next. Zawe grinned at me as we listened to Charlie reciting a tale from the set of Daredevil. Apart from Casey, Zawe was the only girlfriend I had and we had become close over recent weeks. We had already planned various girls nights once back in London. Eddie was sat beside Zawe. Although I knew Eddie the least he was always there for me should I have needed someone to have a laugh with and was usually the person responsible for any practical joke.

Beside Eddie was Charlie who had become like a second brother to me. He also had filming coming up in the New Year but I knew he would always be there for me should I need him and then beside Charlie was Tom. I sighed as I thought about him. The love of my life, my soulmate. The man I was pretty sure I owed my life to. I would never be able to thank Tom for everything he had ever done for me but I now couldn't wait to start our new life together.

***

Tom, Charlie and I all stood starring at the boards before us waiting for our gate number to be listed beside our flight number. Today was the day. We were finally all packed and our luggage had been checked in and we had all said our goodbyes to Jack and Casey. Today was the day we were heading back to London.

"I'm just going to grab some snacks for the flight" Charlie said indicating to the shop opposite us. "You guys want anything?"

"A bottle of water please" Tom replied as Charlie started to walk away.

As we watched Charlie walk away Tom took my hand in his pulling my attention back to him.

"Now you are certain about this aren't you?" Tom asked worry in his eyes. "I'm not forcing you to make this move am I?"

"Tom I have never been more certain" I replied with a smile.

The gate number appeared on the screen before us so once Charlie returned we made our way through the airport. As we handed our boarding passes and passports to the stewards to check before boarding I smiled to myself.

I was moving in with my boyfriend Tom Hiddleston.

A/N - now that Tom's time in New York is over this is all that I originally had planned for this story. But I have loved these characters so much that I don't think I am yet ready to leave them alone yet. I will continue to update this story in the future but it won't be as frequent as it has been. It will be updates mainly containing life updates for Tom and Flick so keep checking back from time to time. Thank you all for your support over the last few months for this story and for those of you who will like and comment should you come across this story in the future. I appreciate each and everyone.