Chapter Thirty Seven

Flick POV

The days following my decision were crazy. Not wanting to waste anytime Jack immediately jumped into plans for the London diner and heavily wanted me involved in every decision. I had phoned my parents to tell them that I was moving back to the UK and they had been delighted at the news.

In between my shifts at the diner I now spent hours sat in a booth tucked in the corner of the diner with Jack and a laptop computer searching through all the possible places to rent at the moment where we could put the diner and learning how all the bookkeeping side of the business worked as I would be dealing with the London diner's accounts. Tom had also been pretty busy lately too with various interviews and public appearances across the city as well as still doing eight shows on stage a week. It appeared that the city wanted to see him as much as possible before he would be flying back to London.

It was late on Wednesday evening as Jack and I made our way home. We now had a list of potential venues for the diner but we would obviously want to see them before we committed to any of them so Jack had suggested that we fly to London next week to view them. I had agreed and now just had to tell Tom.

We made our way into Jack's house and Tom was already home from the theatre. Sat on the sofa waiting for me with a glass of water in this hand. He looked really tired today.

"You okay?" I asked as I sat down beside him and leant my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Jack went through to his bedroom leaving us to it.

"Yes, all the better for seeing you" Tom replied before a yawn.

"You needn't have waited up for me if you were tired" I replied.

"I wanted to see you today" Tom replied resting his head against mine. "We have both been so busy that I feel that I haven't seen you lately."

"I know it has been crazy hasn't it, but unfortunately it is about to get crazier" I replied.

"What do you mean?" Tom asked lifting his head to look at me.

"Jack wants us both to fly to London to look at some potential venues for the diner" I replied.

"That's great news" Tom replied "sounds like plans are really starting to come together now for you both, but what about Thanksgiving?" Tom asked disappointment in his voice.

With neither Tom and I being American it wasn't a holiday we had celebrated before but Casey had explained all her traditions a few days ago and we had both been so excited for our first thanksgiving not only together but ever. Tom had no show on that day and the diner was going to be closed and we had planned on making a real event of the day.

"We are planning on flying out on Sunday and returning on Wednesday so we will be back by then" I replied.

"Brilliant" Tom replied with a smile. His usually happy self showing through his tired eyes.

"Why don't you go to bed" I suggested.

"No no I'm fine" Tom replied. "I just want to spend some precious time with you."

We decided to watch a little bit of TV together before bed. After flicking through the channels we found some episodes of Friends and snuggled into each other covered in a blanket to watch. It was minutes into the first episode that I began to hear Tom's breathing change beside me becoming more relaxed and softer. He had fallen asleep beside me.

Not wanting to disturb him I got to my feet and switched the TV off. Then managing to turn him onto his side to lie him on the sofa I covered him with the blanket. He looked so peaceful and happy. I truly loved this man with all my heart.

I had planned on leaving him here and climbing into our bed but I just couldn't leave him. Instead I managed to softly squeeze myself in beside Tom on the sofa lay with my back to him. Just as I was slowly drifting of to sleep myself I felt his arm wrap around my waist pulling him closer to me and he whispered those special words.

"I love you Flick."

***

Sunday soon came around and with our flights booked and our bags packed Jack and I were ready to leave for the airport. We had appointments with lots of estate agents over the next couple of days and we both just hoped that we could find the perfect place.

"You all ready now?" Tom asked waiting for me near the front door of Jack's house.

"I think so" I replied tapping my suitcase.

We looked at each other caught in each other's eyes for a moment unable to look away from each other before Tom pulled me into his arms nuzzling his head against mine.

"I'll miss you Flick" he whispered pressing his lips to my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too" I replied pulling back to look Tom in the eyes. "I'll be back Wednesday and then it's thanksgiving."

"Yeah you better be back for Thanksgiving" Tom joked. "I'm going to need your help cooking all that food!"

As a thank you for all that Jack and Casey had done for us we had managed to persuade Jack to let us do all the cooking giving him a well earned day off from the kitchen.

"Ha ha I may conveniently be late home" I joked pulling Tom closer to me placing my lips to his.

I felt Tom's hands grab my sides as he began to tickle me down each of my rib cages. A place he knew I was extremely ticklish.

"Please stop Tom" I pleaded through fits of laughter.

"Promise me you will be here to cook on Thanksgiving with me" Tom laughed.

"Never" I cried as his tickling intensified.

"Well then we seem to have hit a problem then" Tom replied holding me tighter as I tried to get away.

"Fine I promise" I replied breathlessly from my laughing.

"You promise what?" Tom asked a glint in his eye.

"I promise I will be back Wednesday to help you cook our thanksgiving meal" I replied between my laughter.

"That's better" Tom replied releasing my from his grip as I bent over double getting my breath back.

"What's all this noise then?" Jack laughed as he reached us pushing his case. Casey behind him.

We all went outside while Jack hailed a taxi for us both.

We all said our goodbyes and Tom and Jack loaded our cases into the back of the taxi.

"Keep us updated" Casey asked as we leaned out the window waving our goodbyes.

"Yes let us know when you land" Tom called after us as our taxi began to move away.

"We will do!" We both called back to them as the taxi turned at the junction and Tom and Casey were no longer in sight.