- PART 7 -

(A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @amaxinng for commenting, sticking with the story despite my shaky update times, and for just being an awesome human being. Thank you dude, I appreciate everything you do!)

 Thank you dude, I appreciate everything you do!)

THEO

~

MY HANDS WOULDN'T STOP shaking. I wasn't typically a nervous person; most of the time I could handle whenever I did get worried about something. Usually, it was things a lot more big than some tournament, like going home or sneaking around. Things that were justified, reasonable, totally understandable.

But this wasn't normal, and I had no right to worry. Dozens upon dozens of other kids had entered with me from Hogwarts, and chances were I wouldn't even get chosen. But the thing is, that's why I was freaking out just a bit. I wanted to get chosen. In my head, I was entering to show people I wasn't afraid, maybe get Slytherin the recognition it deserved. But, now that I had submitted my name and everything, I found it curious I wanted this so much.

Usually— although I was in no way shy —I kept low. People either feared or hated me, ending with me getting left alone. I had dealt with the drama of getting noticed at Sirius Black's daughter when I was first attending Hogwarts, but by now, that news had faded. I knew it was entirely stupid to draw this— or any —kind of attention to myself. But, somehow, I still wanted so badly to get my name called. It was confusing, to say the least.

I watched Dumbledore carefully as I ate, attempting to decipher the mask he wore. Surely, he would find a way to get me in trouble, or get my entry striked from whatever record was surely being kept. I ignored the food filling the table, clenching my hands under my legs to hide the shaking of my betraying hands. I expected outrage, shouting, detention— instead, I watched the old man pick food from his beard.

"Regretting your choice, Theodosia?" A pompous ass asked from a few seats down.

I turned my glare on the younger Malfoy, watching him squirm under my frown. "I regret saving your ass after Moody turned you into a ferret a couple of weeks ago, Draco."

The blonde looked away after an elbow in his side form Cassius, pouting at his plate. I rolled my eyes, ignoring the duo as Dumbledore began his usual dramatic speech. Everything suddenly went cold, and I was unable to focus on the Headmaster's voice as he spoke.

I watched with wide eyes as he neared the Goblet, making a large sweeping motion with his wand. All of the candles— minus the ones in the carved pumpkins for some reason —went out, casting a dramatic glow around the Hall, but thankfully hiding my surely frightened expression. At this point, I had given up on trying to hide my nerves, focused solely on what was about to happen.

The Goblet of Fire glowed icy blue, the brightest thing in the Hall. I squinted at the glare, waiting in suspense. Everyone— even the Gryffindors —was silent, watching the Goblet glow. Suddenly, the flames became red once more, sparks shooting from it, making my flinch back. Not a moment later, two slightly charred pieces of parchment flew up from the Goblet, gasps filling the large room.

Dumbledore caught the parchment, holding them near the closest candle to read it. "The Champions of Durmstrang are Viktor Krum and Pietro Romanov!"

Cheers rang through the room, Krum and Romanov standing with stoic expressions. Both rounded Slytherin table— where they had been sitting —and walked past the staff table, through some door I hadn't noticed before. I guess that was what Dumbledore was rambling about earlier.

As the clapping and excitement died down, everyone returned there attention to the Goblet, myself included. I watched with my breath held as two more pieces of parchment shot up from the Goblet of Fire, landing in Dumbledore's waiting hands. Repeating his earlier actions, I watched as he held the pieces to the flame, squinting.

"The Champions from Beauxbatons are Anya Joav and Fleur Delacour!" The old man announced, smiling slightly as the two girls stood from Ravenclaw.

I stared at the Goblet rather than watch the two girls leave the Hall, waiting for the final duo to be announced. The Goblet's flames rose once more, the two final slips of parchment leaping from the Goblet of Fire. Dumbledore grabbed the two parchment, holding them in front of himself, his mouth twitching into a frown.

"The Champions from Hogwarts are Cedric Diggory and . . . " He paused, eyes somehow finding mine in the dark. "Theodosia Black."

I froze. I was frozen. I think my heart actually stopped beating. I stared at Dumbledore, wondering if this was actually, really real

Cheers rang among my table, and hands were patting my back, pushing me to stand. From the Hufflepuff table, Cedric beamed at me, walking towards me. I somehow managed to stand, meeting him halfway. A smile fought it's way onto my face, disbelief coursing through me like blood in my veins.

"Theo!"

That voice— that dumb, dumb voice. It had to snap me out of my daze.

I looked at the Gryffindor table, spotting the scared-looking boy instantly. Our gazes met for a second, and suddenly I understood what I had assumed was the work of some teacher, my father, and Dumbledore.

Harry Potter wrote my father. Begged him to stop me from entering. Tried to keep me from getting the glory I never went for before now. I shook my head, turning away from him. Cedric and I walked away, past the staff table and through the odd doorway behind it. On the way, Hagrid gave me a nod, smiling slightly.

I had just been chosen for what could be the biggest event of my life. I was a Champion. I would be the hero for once.

I sat next to one Cedric by the fire, a smile growing on my face. My— my friend shared the same look of joy, laughing as he leaned back. From across from us, the Durmstrang students stayed stoic, but the Beauxbatons girls were hiding smiles as the sat to our left.

"Merlin . . . " Was all I could muster, shaking my head with a short laugh.

Cedric nodded, leaning forward. "We just won the bloody lottery."

The six of us sat in a euphoric silence, too caught of in what we'd just gotten to think of what was to come. We were alone for only a minute of two when the door reopened, revealing a slouching figure.

"Potter?" I questioned, eyeing the confused-looking boy. "Have you come to try and trick me, again?"

The fourteen-year-old shook his head, looking at the ground.

"Do zey want us back in ze hall?" Delacour questioned, raising a perfectly-plucked eyebrow and tossing back her near-silver hair.

"I—I, uh. . . " He stammered, obviously unsure of what to say.

I scoffed, crossing one leg over another. The sound of footsteps was followed by the door opening once more, Ludo Bagman striding into the room, a large smile on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"Extraordinary! Absolutely extraordinary!" He shouted, patting Harry on the back. "Gentlemen, ladies, may I introduce— as incredible as it may seem —the seventh Triwizard Champion?"

I stood, a scowl forming on my face as I stared between Bagman and Potter. "You've got to be fucking with me!"