- PART 29 -

THEO

THEO

~

I WAS NEVER VERY good at keeping positive. It was hard to keep my head up or whatever, especially when my cynicism and what Cedric called bad energy got involved.

But, I was really trying. For Cedric— for myself. All of the pettiness was getting to me and it somehow took George and I . . . 

I didn't know— we weren't dating, so we couldn't have broken up. I wasn't dumb enough to think we had been friends. Whatever it was we were or could've been, it was over now. Stopped before it started.

The past couple of days since, I'd been avoiding all Weasley's like the plague. I never realized just how many of them were at Hogwarts.

The one respite I had was the library. None of the four Weasley's at Hogwarts tended to willingly spend time in the dusty room, even when exams closed in on us.

As a Fifth Year, I was expected to take them the week after the Task, just like anyone else. Most people were cramming non-stop, terrified of failing. First Years had practically been banned from the Slytherin Common Room and study groups quickly formed after winter break.

I hadn't really thought of it much. Sure, I wanted to do well and it would be a great distraction from everything, but I couldn't sit still long enough to focus. Not after everything Dean said at Hogsmeade and not after everything I did to George.

Everything was totally fucked.

But, I was still trying. Cedric was off with Cho most days, but I still had the Slytherins— kind of. Adrian was pissed at me; he didn't know what happened, but he knew I hurt Kia and that was enough for him to shut me out. Cassius was being pressured at home to be Outstanding, even if it meant cheating— he was growing more and more paranoid that someone would catch him leaning spells to copy off other people's exams. I thought his nervousness was what would get him caught.

Despite all of that, we still met up every night in the Common Room and studied together, mostly because there wasn't anyone else to turn to. Flint, as well as the other upperclassmen, had already taken their NEWTS and had left early since there isn't any Quidditch. Any other Slytherin's were . . . alien, different. We didn't trust each other, but at least we knew each other.

It was almost like Third Year again, back before all of this nonsense, when we were just dumb, mostly innocent pre-teens.

Except, Cassius was sleep-deprived, Adrian would barely say more than three words to me, and I was . . . sad.

For once, the emotion I felt wasn't anger— I wasn't angry at George or the school or anything. I was just sad.

__