04: telepathy

Jungkook shifted from one foot to the other.

In the heat of his epiphany, he'd been quick to disregard exactly how he'd approach Lisa and figured that naturally, a path would emerge once he embarked on it. Now, as he stood in front of the girls' tent without the slightest clue, Jungkook realized that it didn't always work out that way.

He looked down at the bottle of painkillers in his hand and contemplated on tossing them into the tent before sprinting away towards his own for refuge.

No he shortly decided after envisioning the plastic bottle injuring the blonde woman in the process.

Straightening his shoulders, Jungkook took a deep breath before crouching down to the tent's level. "Lisa?" He called out, fingers hesitant to lift the flap separating them when he didn't hear a response. He tried again to no avail.

Eventually, Jungkook resorted to mumbling a hasty prayer underneath his breath and lifted the opening to peek inside.

The sight in front of him caused him to sigh in relief.

Fast asleep (or at least seemingly so), Lisa had wrapped herself in her grey blanket and would've been undetectable if it weren't for the streaks of strawberry blonde poking out of the covers.

He silently thanked his lucky stars and was quick to place the bottle beside the mini fridge—an essential baby pink accessory that Chaeyoung passionately argued against leaving behind in Vegas.

As he turned around to leave, Jungkook looked over his shoulder to gaze at the sleeping beauty and saw that she had squirmed out of her cocoon to face him with her face as tranquil as he felt inside. 

Cute he thought to himself, smiling as he slipped into the darkness and remained blissfully unaware of the equally delighted blonde he left behind. 

.

The next morning arrived too soon for Jungkook, who'd only slept a little over three hours when Taehyung nudged him awake.

"We're going hiking!" The brunette grinned wildly as he threw on his backpack and tugged on Jungkook's hand with determination.

Once the raven-haired man rose to a sitting position, he glanced at his phone in disbelief. "Tae, it's 3:27," Jungkook deadpanned and watched as his friend remained indifferent to his words.

"I know, we're already late!" Taehyung pointed out. "Now, get dressed sleepyhead. We're waiting for you outside."

Still in the early stages of waking up, Jungkook rubbed his eyes with his hands till the idea of engaging in physical activity settled in.

God, how he hated camping.

.

"Just three miles left to go!" Hoseok cheered, leading the pack forward, as Jungkook grimaced behind him.

Truthfully, the trail wasn't nearly as bad as he had imagined; minimal uphill terrain and no sign of life-threatening predators were all conveniences in Jungkook's eyes.

It was rather his own decision to leave behind his camera that haunted him as the group passed by several attractions within the forest.

"Chae, take a picture of me," He heard from behind him and wasn't surprised to see Lisa urging the redhead to hold her camera.

Through Jimin, Jungkook had learned that (much like himself) Lisa shared a love for documenting her experiences and while she modeled professionally, she became a part-time YouTuber to give her work another platform under 'LiLiFilms'.

Seeing her adorning a genuine smile today, Jungkook guessed that the painkillers must have helped in relieving the pain she was experiencing the day before.

On the other hand, it seemed as if Chaeyoung and Lisa were still bickering over her photograph and in spite of his introverted nature, Jungkook found himself approaching the two women with ease.

"Here, I'll take it for you." He extended a hand out towards Lisa and watched in amusement as this time, she was the one left dazed.

.

"To the right—no, not that far," Jungkook directed and watched in approval as the blonde adjusted herself accordingly.

Surprisingly, they had reached the end of the trail without any major injuries (with the exception of Namjoon, who stumbled over a vine and scraped his knee).

In the midst of it all, Jungkook found himself becoming Lisa's designated photographer by chance when Chaeyoung abandoned them to fall into step with Jimin instead—not that he was really complaining.

The young model was the ideal muse.

Although her face was completely fresh of makeup and her hair was hastily strewn into a messy bun, Jungkook thought Lisa looked ethereal as the sun's rays brought attention to her striking features against the soft, pink sky.

Later, as she peered over his shoulder to admire the photographs he'd taken, he felt his heart swell at her compliments.

"This one's cute," She pointed at one of the several photos he had sneaked in during the sunrise.

Because you are He shook his head, smiling nevertheless as the blonde continued looking through the gallery.

Her fingers stopped on one that she'd taken of him (after great persistence) and Jungkook watched as her lips curved into a smile and revealed a dimple he hadn't noticed until now.

"For the record," Lisa started, turning to face him with a hint of mischief in her eyes as their shoulders brushed from the sudden movement. "I think you're pretty cute too."

Jungkook stared back at a loss for words, his mouth slightly agape as he struggled to formulate some kind of explanation.

How did she know? He wondered, watching as Lisa rose to her feet and carefully brushed off the specks of dirt tainting her grey joggers.

When she straightened to meet his eye, he could have sworn he saw her smirk before her face quickly contorted into a small pout.

"I don't know," She shrugged her shoulders in feigned innocence. "Maybe I'm telepathic."

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: my distaste for camping is blatantly obvious lol but i hope you liked this chapter :) thank you for your lovely comments!