09: ruby eyes

Jungkook was convinced that his friends had gone insane when he found himself in the nightclub Stigma on a Monday night to celebrate Hoseok's promotion to head manager at Chili's.

Now, don't get him wrong. Jungkook was beyond happy for his friend's success. He loved Hoseok with all his heart but frankly, he'd much rather be sitting on his living room couch than an uncomfortable bar stool, evading touchy women as if they were flies.

"Loosen up a bit, won't you?" Jimin had patted his shoulder before disappearing into the crowd of dancers when the group arrived.

While sipping his second martini of the night, Jungkook figured that he was doing exactly that—even if he wasn't slurring his words yet like Taehyung, on his right, who was being scolded by Namjoon (their designated driver).

"Ay, what it do babyyy?" The tipsy brunette drawled when an amused Jennie appeared in his line of vision and hesitatingly, Jungkook contemplated on ordering a third martini to erase the sickeningly sweet moment from his mind while he simultaneously searched the area for his favorite blonde.

If the stool beside him hadn't creaked at that very moment, Jungkook was sure he wouldn't have even noticed her presence. It always seemed as if Lisa moved so soundlessly, without a single notion.

"Having fun without me?" She teasingly nudged his empty shot glass, only to receive a slow nod from the ravenette (who was rather dazed by her appearance to say the very least).

"You dyed your hair," Jungkook mindlessly played with a loose strand of her freshly-colored grey locks,  silently admiring the way their silver hue enhanced the sharpness of her features.

"I thought it was time for a change," Lisa took a large sip of her Bloody Mary, eyes still fixated on the way Jungkook's stopped at the sharp slit of her dress before meeting her own.

"Let's dance?" He offered with an outstretched hand, the desire in his eyes burning the uneasiness lurking behind it.

"Sure," Lisa smiled knowingly, setting her half-finished drink away on the counter to grasp his warm hand with her own, while Jungkook inwardly shivered both at her icy touch and the sinful smirk adorning her crimson lips as they weaved their way through the crowd.

.

Jungkook quickly realized that with Lisa, more proved to be less.

It seemed as if she couldn't get enough of his touch—not that he was complaining. It wasn't as if he was any different when it came to her. One moment, they were playfully swaying (him twirling her around by the hand with the other placed on her waist) and in the next, she was pressed up against him and grinding in a heated, needy rhythm.

If you asked them how they'd ended up in that position, they'd likely blame it on the alcohol as fuel for their boldness although deep down, both knew they were sober enough for what came next.

"You're pretty good," Lisa complimented over the blaring sound system. "At dancing I mean," She clarified when Jungkook chuckled in response.

As his fingers traced her slim hips through the velvet of her wine-tainted dress, Lisa could only groan in response and urged him to continue down towards her exposed thigh.

To her disappointment, he stopped mere inches away before grabbing her hand instead and turning her back around to face him.

When they locked eyes, Jungkook knew he was smitten.

Albeit a bit confused, Lisa didn't say a word and perhaps that spoke louder than anything else. Jungkook's eyes absorbed her appearance for what seemed like the hundredth time that night—the tight red dress that accentuated her curves and revealed her collarbones, the sleek ponytail that brought attention to the rosiness of her cheekbones, and her eyes— his head spun when he gazed back into them.

For a fleeting moment it felt as if the club's flashing neon lights were playing tricks on Jungkook's mind as Lisa's tongue darted out to lick her lips and suddenly all he could see was red in her otherwise dark brown pupils.

Oddly enough, the thought of it only prompted him to pull her in closer.

"Hey," Jungkook murmured faintly once their noses collided and he could smell the cinnamon of her mints (her favorite flavor, he recalled) in her breath as it fanned his neck.

"Hey," Lisa smiled back, lifting a hand to comb through his long hair as she gazed back at him from beneath her lashes.

Allowing himself to smile too, Jungkook took Lisa's soft "finally" as permission to tip her jaw back and connected their lips in a slow and sensuous kiss. Immediately, a wave of warmth enveloped his body as Lisa gripped onto the fabric of his shirt and his attraction towards her became a different kind of intoxication (one far greater than alcohol).

When they pulled away several seconds later, flushed and breathless, Jungkook's heart swelled at the otherwise composed woman's flustered state.

For once, it was her averting his eye out of shyness and truth be told, the ravenette didn't mind at all. On the contrary, he took advantage of it as he leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Don't worry," He teased as Lisa shivered at the depth in his voice. "You taste delicious."

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: i was so nervous to publish this but i hope you found it okay :') i've been a bit busy lately but am forever thankful for the support i've received for this story. it really makes me want to write and write and write even more. ily so much 🧡