10: hypnosis

The next morning as Jungkook scrambled to his seat and began his eight o' clock economics lecture at the university, he eyed the streaks of red smudged onto the back of his hand with mild amusement.

Soon after their encounter and once Namjoon had decided he'd had enough of chaperoning for the night, the group parted ways and had divided themselves in between Namjoon and Jennie's vehicles. 

As fate would have it, Jungkook found himself beside a starry-eyed Lisa (who mumbled her address and surprised him, knowing it wasn't too far from his own). 

However, it wasn't until after they'd exchanged their goodbyes that Jungkook noticed the bright color staining his otherwise pale hands and at closer inspection, realized that it was from the blush adorning Lisa's cheeks—likely appearing from when she'd laid her head on his lap and dozed off. 

Guess I forgot to wash it  Jungkook mused to himself, diverting his attention to his monotonous professor until he felt an eraser hit the back of his head and tightened his jaw in anticipation. 

"My bad," Hyunsuk apologized halfheartedly and for a moment, Jungkook just stared back at the man blankly. 

After all, this wasn't something new for the pair (who really, only interacted when Hyunsuk either wanted Jungkook to take notes for him or complete his entire review packet before finals week). By the looks of it, it seemed that today it would be the first option and needless to say, he was already dreading it with every fiber of his being. 

"Notes?" Jungkook asked dryly, although he already knew the answer before the blonde in question shot him a wink as he rose to his feet and threw his backpack across one shoulder. 

"Ight Imma' head out," Hyunsuk declared while the ravenette simply watched him stroll out of the room carelessly, probably off to spend another afternoon at the arcade whilst the rest of them struggled to pass their classes. 

God, did Jungkook envy him sometimes. 

He didn't know whether he wanted to be him or not know him at all.

.

Now technically, it wasn't as if he was obligated to help Hyunsuk. 

In the two years that the former had been leeching off of him for, Jungkook figured that Hyunsuk was more lazy than incompetent and could easily complete something he put his mind to. It was only unfortunate that he made that Jungkook's responsibility instead of his own, especially now at eleven pm on a Tuesday night where Jungkook wanted nothing more than to rest after his graveyard shift at Baskin Robbins. 

"How's it my fault if we don't carry Black Walnut?" He muttered to himself, shrugging off his pink complementary vest and seating himself in front of his laptop, tapping on the keys to reveal the scattered thoughts he'd typed earlier that day. 

Organizing them into a structured, Hyunsuk-friendly format was going to take him a while and if it weren't for the click of his front door opening—sending a wave of alarm through his senses—Jungkook would've made a start already. 

Instead, he frantically reached for the baseball bat Jin had insisted on religiously keeping by his side and clutched it firmly as he made his way to confront the intruder. 

.

"Who's there?" Jungkook called out, frowning when met with dead silence until a familiar laugh flowed into his ears and caused his shoulders to relax in relief. 

"Who's there?" Lisa mocked through a fit of laughter as Jungkook rolled his eyes and began walking back towards the living room to return the bat to its original position. "I thought Jimin told you I was coming over."

"Must've missed the message," Jungkook mumbled as he switched on his phone, seeing that Lisa was right and that Jimin had sent him several messages (first claiming that he'd be over to bug him and then notifying him that he was sending Lisa in his place after forgetting his plans with Chaeyoung). 

By the time he'd typed out a response to each of the pinkette's points, Lisa had already made herself comfortable on the couch and peered at his laptop in curiosity. "Still working?" She asked and raised an eyebrow when he shook his head but plopped down beside her anyway. 

"It's for a friend," He explained, absentmindedly running a hand through his unkempt hair. "He does this all the time."

"Doesn't sound like a good friend then," Lisa commented as she observed the redness of his nose and how his long eyelashes flickered a second too slow to be anything but fatigued. 

The cycle continued for a few minutes; Jungkook revising his otherwise perfectly acceptable notes, his sleeplessness catching up to him, and Lisa wordlessly watching it all unfold before them until she decided enough was enough and took the laptop from his hands.

.

"Look at me," Lisa ordered softly, tilting his chin to meet her eye and watching in satisfaction as he became locked into her gaze. "Putting yourself first isn't selfishness so don't ruin your health that way. You have all the right to tell him you can't do it this time, alright?" 

"Alright," Jungkook uttered, still mesmerized while Lisa resisted the urge to giggle at the adorable sight and opted to nod, leaning in to brush their noses before pulling back just as fleetingly to snap her fingers in a single motion.

Almost instantly, the ravenette snapped out of his trance and Lisa watched as the enchanted gleam in his eyes faded yet wondered why they still sparkled when he gazed down at her. 

"You're right," Jungkook smiled lazily, closing the laptop and setting it on charge before pulling a blanket over them both as Lisa squealed in surprise when his arms enveloped her shoulders.

"Why don't you stay the night?" He mumbled incoherently while Lisa merely grinned.

"Thought you'd never ask."

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: this isn't super amazing nor exciting but i hope u liked it still <3 your comments really make me very happy & thank u for the love (especially for my memes lol). i'll try to update soon!!