07: invitation

Ironically enough, Jungkook doesn't see Lisa again until a month later in August, when she appears at his doorstep.

Jungkook liked to tell himself that he'd been busy during this time—that he simply hadn't had the chance to approach Lisa after they parted ways in early July.

Deep inside, however, he knew that wasn't the case.

The empty water bottles strewn across his living room floor (before he recycled them to make the place seem presentable) and the rings under his eyes were enough proof he hadn't stepped out of his apartment for much else besides occasional trips to the supermarket.

Besides tapping red hearts on their Instagram posts, Jungkook hadn't really been in touch with his friends either—much to their dismay and his convenience. After all, he had managed to finally finish his favorite show Euphoria in a record amount of time in their absence.

Now, it's needless to say that when Jungkook received a call from Jimin earlier that day to inform him of the movie night their group of friends were having at his place, the ravenette panicked.

Although Jimin reassured him that Seokjin and Jisoo were taking care of the food, Jungkook checked his refrigerator to ensure he wasn't out of beer and then aligned his take-out menus on the counter (just in case).

By the time the twelve of them filed into his apartment an hour later, with the Kim couple immediately heading to the kitchen with their aluminum trays, Jungkook was worn out from the cleaning he'd done earlier in a haste.

After seeing to it that everyone had settled in, Jungkook was about to join Taehyung in a match of MarioKart when he heard the doorbell ring from behind him.

"Late as always," Jennie shook her head in disapproval as Jungkook walked towards the door and looked through the peephole to see a familiar blonde standing behind it.

.

"Long time no see," Lisa lightly teased once he finally unlocked the door to face her directly and for a second, Jungkook could've sworn he forgot how to breathe.

"Hey," He greeted nervously, watching as Lisa adjusted the cinnamon-scented candle in her hands and beamed up at him afterwards.

"I thought I should bring a gift," She explained and he nodded, eyes still fixated on the way the breeze played with her hair.

She likes yellow he noted from her cotton t-shirt and the sunflowers embroidered onto her light-washed jeans to match the ones she'd painted on her acrylic nails. In a way, it suited her; but then again, he supposed everything did when you were a model.

Albeit a bit awkwardly, Jungkook stepped out of the doorframe to allow the blonde to enter, only to be confused when her feet remained rooted in her place.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" Lisa asked playfully, successfully masking her nervousness with confidence to the man in front of her as Jungkook simply rolled his eyes at her antics.

For a second there, she had him worried.

"Welcome in, princess," He bowed sarcastically as the blonde gladly took his outstretched hand and entered the apartment with a smirk playing on her scarlet lips.

Jungkook never took his eyes off of her, watching in awe as she tantalizingly closed the distance between them and reached up to whisper in his ear—the sweet vanilla of her perfume invading his senses.

"I'd prefer it if you called me queen."

.

As the night went on, Jungkook quickly realized two things.

One, that Lisa loved playing video games and two, that she was pretty damn good at them too.

"Stop camping," The blonde beside him complained in annoyance, as she rapidly tapped her fingers on her phone screen.

Jungkook snickered. "Sure thing," he commented before stepping out of the bush (which just so happened to be behind Lisa's character) and aimed for a headshot.

"What!? That's cheating," Lisa huffed bitterly as she realized his ploy too late and was left staring at her screen as her character waited to respawn.

"Nope," The raven-haired smiled smugly as he adjusted himself to a more comfortable position on the couch besides his counterpart. "I'm just better."

"You wish," Lisa mumbled under her breath, switching off her phone and placing it on the coffee table in front of them without another word.

It seemed as if she'd had enough of Fortnite for the day (and maybe a little bit of Jungkook too).

Noticing the change in her composure, the latter nudged her with his foot. In retaliation, the blonde remained indifferent to his actions and stared at the television screen with a blank expression her face.

"Hey Lis," Jungkook nudged her again. "Lisaaa," He repeated, only to receive the same dry response. When he realized that she wasn't planning on budging anytime soon, a devious smile spread across his face as he rose to his feet.

"Jungkook, I'm really not in the m-" Lisa started coldly, only to be cut off by an involuntary release of laughter when the ravenettes's hands discovered her weakness.

No different to Jennie, Chaeyoung, and the rest of their friends, Lisa was also terribly ticklish and as much as she hated Jungkook's cheap game-play, she couldn't suppress the string of giggles that escaped her lips.

"Stop! Oh my God, Jung-" She cried out, only to feel his fingers still at her waist when a cough that most definitely did not belong to either of them resounded through the room.

"Jisoo told me to call you two for dinner," Seokjin finished awkwardly as Jungkook and Lisa failed to hide their embarrassment.

"Right," Lisa nodded, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear as Jungkook averted his eyes.

"Right."

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: we hit 100 votes!! and i'm so very thankful for the support :) as always, i had fun writing this chapter and really love reading your comments, they're all so amazing. i'll try to update again soon 💖