5.Starting anew

The boy

She went away seriously. Kinda weird girl she was. I don't understand why was she babbling so much. And why was she pissed, shouldn't she thank me like I helped her friend more or less. Well, why do I care, I already have a lot to worry about.

I sat there for some time watching that serene moon and feeling the wind blow my long hairs thinking I should really have used that salon appointment but then I wouldn't have made it here though.

Out of all this, in the back of my mind there is still some guilt saying probably its my fault she was pissed. Probably she's right, from where she is, I do look like a bad stranger.

All her words roam across me. I am not usually a kind of person people get annoyed to, I take care of that as long as I can. Fine I'll go apologise to her in the morning for my sake.

Still thinking if its the right thing to do, I started walking back to sleep.

When I reached the gathering place I saw the campfire was lit, but it wasn't when I left. Who must have done this at this time! I proceeded towards the water to turn it off when I saw someone across the fire. I tried looking through the flames and found that it was her, the same girl sitting on the carpet beside the campfire.

My thoughts switched from letting out the fire to what happened earlier. I walked around the campfire and reached where she could see me. She gave me glance and then turned back to the fire. I didn't think I would ever say that about this girl, but here she looked pretty. She had long straight hairs which are now messed up from the winds and are entangled in her black hoodie jacket and her face was glowing from the light falling on it.

I silently went closer to her and sat beside her. I made sure there is almost 2 ft distance between us. As I settled, she hurried to go when i started " I am sorry. I was rude."

Hearing that her rush came down and she settled again. A sigh comes out of her as she said "No its not you, I am sorry, I was too doubtful" she paused took a deep breath in and said "I actually have an issue believing in people including friends for some extent."

"And I am a stranger. Yeah, I get it. But I was an asshole too." I said as politely as I can, 'cause this time l realised her lower pitch was real good like anybody could keep listening for hours.

"Don't worry. You come in a vast majority for me. Everybody does not come and apologise after though" her voice is all sweet and melodious whatever she says. I bet she must be a singer, but I don't think this is the right time for asking that.

"So, does that mean I am narrowed down in your list!" I said wishing that the seriousness could fade.

"Yeah, by a small percentage " she said with a smile on her face. I felt weird, a good weird in that time. But my nerves were shifted on what to say next.

"Okay, but see I cannot settle if I know that I have annoyed or disturbed someone. So, if you are ok with this, can we call this even and start anew?" I hope those words does not become an another blunder.

She turned her head towards the side, her eyes watching me. This was the first time she looked away from that fire through the entire conversation. She gazed at me for some moments before she spoke. Her perfectly brown, sparkling eyes made that same weird feeling come again and it grew stronger as she said,

"Yeah. Sure."