11.The Morning after

NEXT MORNING:

Liza woke up heavy headed and found her friend sleeping beside her. She stood up stumbling and went outside. The sun was shining bright and there was no one around.

She came back in her tent 'cause the afternoon sun was making her hung over head more dizzy. She went to the girl, moved her and said, "Hey, sleepy head, wake up. It's almost noon and my head hurts like hell!"

She turned around to face Liza, opened her eyes and said, "Oh, you are up! Finally!"

"Yeah, I am! And do you know, how I got here? The last thing I remember is, Eric and I had a fight and I returned to the party. I was angry. But how did I get here. Don't tell me Eric brought me!" Liza had no idea what happened the other night.

"Well, that's a long story", she slid the phone in her hand catching time, "oh! I'll tell you all about it but can we please freshen up and go eat something. It's 2 pm."

"But there's no-one outside. Not even lunch!"

"Yeah, I know. The lunch is where you went partying yesterday. Three of the groups are combining from today. All of them must be there."

"Also Eric. I don't wanna go."

"Oh dear, but aren't you hungry. And also their group has sight seeing till 3. So get up quickly, lets go. We'll be out before they come. And please tell me on the way what happened between you two." she stood up and dragged Liza out of the tent.

After almost half an hour, they got ready and started walking to the other campsite.
She was wearing a purple frilled top and light blue jeans with her wet hairs hanging lose and Liza was in red floral top and black jeans.

"How did you know, they won't be there?'' Liza asked.

"He told mean on our way back." She said.

"He? Who? And where did you go? Was I out for a day or something?"

"No! We went out at night"

"Seriously, I am out for sometime and you spend a night with a guy! God I expected you to be more sensible than that!" and there comes the best friend's tease.

"I am, much more than you are! Especially after what you did yesterday."

"What do you mean?"

"You drank yourself out in that party, in a completely unknown place fighting with the only person you know there. Seriously Liz. What exactly was the matter?"

After a moment of silence Liza took a deep breath and said, "I was talking to a guy, who happens to be a magazine editor, about my new project, when Eric came and dragged me inside and started doubting as if I was flirting or something."

"Oh dear! Wasn't Eric there when you were talking ?"

"No, he went to get me a drink. And also the guy wasn't a stranger, Eric knew him. I don't know why he was acting like that!"

"So what did you tell him?"

"I tried telling him, it was just for professional beneficent, but he wasn't ready to listen. So I told him to put all his insecurities up his ass and came out."

"Woah! Did you literally said that?"

"Yeah, I totally did told him that. He was really getting over my nerves."

"And then you drank. I get it now. But as much as I know Eric, he is a real good person, he shouldn't be doing this kind of things. There might be something else."

"Anyways, forget it. Let's not talk about this anymore. Tell me about you. Who was the guy. Huh.''

"The one who came to drop you."

"What? Who came to drop me? Don't tell me it was the guy I was talking to "

"I don't think so. He seemed to be a good friend of Eric 'cause Eric send him to drop you here."

"Really! Eric send him. That bastard"

"Hey Liz, calm down. Just think about it, you were passed out at an unknown party. Anything could have happened. What Eric did was not completely wrong !"

"Yeah fine , whatever you say. Let's eat something first, please." Liza said as they entered the other campsite.