6.Your Smile

The girl

On that note, I hoped that topic will be ended and I'll get some lone time, 'cause I have had enough of it and anything will not be cleared unless Liz wakes up. Anyways I am not here to babysit Liz. She's an adult she'll deal with it. I also hope that this person leaves, he's growing unbearable now.

"ohh, Thanks a lot" and he's talking again. The worst part of a conversation is that both have to talk even if only the one is interested

"No, no, that's really okay!" now will you go please.

He just nods and there's an awkward silence for few minutes cause none of us spoke. It was so silent that through the churning of firewood and the breezes passing by my ear lobes, I could almost hear his breathing when I suddenly heard a sound.

"So it's true. They really do it" that just slipped from my mouth out of joy.

"What..?" he was surprised having no idea what I was talking about.

"shh, just listen" I said in a low voice waving my hand to tell him lower his volume too.

"What exactly are we trying to listen?" he asked again gently after a few moments.

"The howls. Wolves. Couldn't you hear" I was hardly audible. He just nodded and we heard them sitting there beside the campfire. I wish I could have witnessed that but that wouldn't be safe a choice though. The howls peaked louder and than slided lower untill they stopped and its silence again.

Then I realised, I was with someone while being all idiotic and exaggerated with joy. So I looked at him to see if he has reacted weirdly. But to my surprise he was just sitting plainly or maybe was trying to hide his laugh.

"I don't usually behave like this. It's just..." I have no idea why I am explaining myself to this guy.

"I know, the wolves, I also heard them for the first time. Thanks to you!" he said

"It was amazing. Wasn't it!" this time when I turned towards him he was smiling not in a funny way, in a deep satisfactory way. So I got that we were on the same boat on this.

"Yeah it was" he said still smiling looking at the campfire.

Liz always says I don't know, how much looking is staring and this time I think I was doing the later 'coz with his smile fading he asked, "What_what are you looking at?"

"Your smile. It's beautiful"

Oh shit. Did I really told that to a guy. This night is really taking over me. Ugh.

I dug my face as low as I can. Now I really don't know what to react. This was the hugest blunder that I have ever done. I just hope he doesn't think I am flirting.

But then he replied, "Yes, I know. A lot of people tell me that"

I gathered my will and looked at him to see how he's taking it. And his smile is back, wider this time but the casual look on his face relieved my fear.

I think he took that earlier lecture seriously and if it is so, I don't think this is starting anew.