14.Partner

It was 5 a.m. the reporting time for all the trekkers. All people were gathered in 2 groups previously allotted. The girl wearing a black jeans and black t-shirt with a sky-blue V-neck sweater, her hairs still wet, hanging lose, and carrying backpack was waiting for Liza to finish goodbyeing Eric and join their group, when a familiar but over excited voice called ,"Hey Partner! Ready for today?"

"Why are you here? Your group is over there. And You are definitely not my partner!" she said raising her eyebrows.

"Oh that! Liza might have forgotten to tell you. We switched places "

"What!" her mouth remains open.

"Well, they wanted to be together and I couldn't deny.''

"How can she do that! Let me go talk to her."

Saying that she turned around to walk towards Liza when he grabbed her hand and said, "Please don't."

She turned only her head, but before she could say something, he said, "They need it. Let them be."

She turned around snatched her hand from his grip saying, "I don't need your permission to go talk to my friend." Her eyes wide open.

"Woah woah, I am not ordering. I am more like requesting. Please!"

"I think you forgot what happened the other night that we..." She continued making an inverted commas in air with her fingers, "Let them be !"

"You are just jealous that she gets a boyfriend and you don't!" He said looking across her towards them.

"What! No. Definitely no. What the hell are you talking about!"

He just put his hands in his pockets leaning his head with an obvious frown on his face.

" Anyways why am I arguing with you. It's between me and Liza." saying that she turned around and they were gone. Their entire group had left and there was no one around, so she turned back at him only to find him wickedly smiling.

Knowing that she is stuck and there is nothing she could do, she took a deep breath, gave him a look, went away and mixed with the crowd at an extreme opposite end from where he was.

The entire day was passed hiking in the forest until they reached the place to setup their camps. Each pair has its individual tents to built, for which they were priory trained. It was only an hour left for sunset and everyone has to setup the tent before that.

The girl spilled all the tools given to her for tent building.

"Oh God! I don't have a tent Cloth! That's the main thing." She stood up to go ask the instructor but the boy came along ,"Here, I have it." It was a tent cloth in his hand. Putting that thing on the ground, he stood up in front of her moved his hand forward for a hand shake and said, "Hi, I am Steve. I think we haven't been introduced properly. And I have been allotted to build this tent with you, replacing Liza "

A gesture, this kind, from the guy who's been annoying her for the past 2 days, made her laugh aloud.

"You are impossible." She said hardly catching her breath from her laughter. Little did she knew that all his friends too were gone with the other group.

He took his hand back and said, "Fine! When you're done laughing. we can built the tent." and he started walking back.

"Oh hey! Wait. I am Avery. And I haven't build this tent thing before. I missed the drill. Is that enough for an introduction?"

"Yeah, I think it'll do. But you came all the way up here knowing nothing about it, commendable, really!"

"Not nothing. I watched a YouTube video regarding how to do it And I also have one saved in my phone."

"Yeah Sure! The very useful YouTube!" he looked around and everybody had already started.

"Now listen up. It's okay you haven't done it. I know it and I'll do it." saying that he started searching the tools.

"But I want to built it too! It's also my project." A sweet voice topped with guilt.

"lf you want to, then just do as I say. I'll guide you. Is it okay with you? " his commanding voice melted as he turned to see her.

" Yeah! Sounds good."

"Fine then. First of all we need to nail these in the ground. Real deep okay!"

"Gotcha."

And they started building it without fighting or arguing. Well pretty much until the last step.

" Hey wait I don't think you should pull that rope yet." She said as he was gonna pull last rope to give the tent its shape.

"No I think we are good. Everything's okay. This is the last step." He said as he picked the rope.

"No wait. Give me that "she said as she snatched the rope form his hand. "I might not be good at this but. Umm come here." She took his hand and dragged him to the opposite side of the tent or to be more appropriate to the to be tent.

"How is this possible!" he startled as he saw the tangled accessary ropes.

She raised her shoulders with the I don't know look on her face.

"God, this is gonna take some time." distressed he started untangling the ropes.

"Don't worry! We'll do it, partner." She raised her hand for a high five.

His forehead creases disappeared as he returned the high five, "Yeah! We will."
They were the last to finish the building. It was almost 8 when they finally laid their sleeping bags.