7.Campfire

The boy

"So what brings you here?" I just wanted to change the topic.

"Well first the flight then the bus" seriously that's what she said. She just ruined the classic conversation starter.

"No, I mean, why are you here?" Hopefully she gets it from this.

"For trekking. I suppose. But why are you asking such bizarre questions" I so wanted to laugh on that.

I shifted in my place and turned towards her to see if she was joking. But there was a big question mark on her face, easily depicted.

"You really don't get anything. Do you!", I said hoping she at least gets that.

"What do you mean", ohh thank goodness she isn't that dumb.

"Well, I tried asking you the simple way but here it is. You know, people like coming on trek seeking nature, usually when they are in dilemma or are running away from somethings like lingering pasts, undecided future and all. I just wanted to know what is your reason." I think I sounded desperate but anyways the arrow's shot.

"Or people just want to be with nature. That also could be the reason!"

"Oh that. That would be the least amount of people. 1 percent maybe. And you definitely doesn't seem to be among them." I said

"So now you are an astronomer....no astrologer.....or whatever it is called. Ugh.....I never know the difference." Her words came out in a lot of pauses.

"Seriously saying, that shit is confusing. I don't know either" and that was the first time we agreed on something and she smiled, both at the same time.

"What makes you think that I cannot like nature. You barely know me!" she said.

"Yeah, I don't know you except, in these mountains, under these beautiful starry night with the moon shining brighter than ever and the breeze that cold could refresh any mood, you chose to lit a campfire and sit beside it. Also as long as I am here, you haven't moved your eyes from those flames. So it's kinda obvious." I said.

To that she shifted in her place to face towards me and moved her eyes on me this time.

"Then what do you propose we do to see the nature?" she asked in the same melodious voice but I could hardly pay attention out of looking at her perfectly brown eyes shadowed by her lashes, making it more beautiful.

"Oh hello mister, what are you thinking? If not campfire than what" and I realised I'll have to answer.

"Okay, first of all, nature is not just seen it's felt. And if you ask me, this is not the right place for it. At least not in front of this campfire." I said as if I had every idea about this place but again the arrow is shot.

"Fine, what do you propose then?" she asked.

To that I stood up and got some water to turn off the fire. When I came back I noticed her staring at me with confusion all over her face.

"Do you mind me letting off your precious fire" I thought she'll be angry or something, but to my surprise she just nodded. Seriously, No words!

I removed some woods and waited until the fire was dim to pour the water. All this time, I wanted to look at her and see how she's taking it but I rather concentrated on what I was doing. Honestly I was scared. I don't know why, but I was, from a girl who barely reaches my shoulders and has the sweetest voice I have ever heard , I was scared. How nice!!