VOL.2 Chapter 12, A grave message.

When we got to our home, I lifted Kaylee in my arms and carried her inside.

I had given John the key for a moment so he could open the door and simply dropped Kaylee on the couch before I went to make coffee for us all.

"When will you release her from that?" John asked, having seen and heard me cast the spell.

"Oh, maybe an hour or three from now." I replied flatly and I heard Millie gasp at my response.

"What? She could at least have told me my budget. Don't you think?" I replied to her and she nodded.

"It would have been fairer." John replied and looked at me, a question clearly wanting to be asked.

"So, what was your budget?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"Don't know actually, I do know I chose a dress that costs ten K." I replied and he choked as he looked at me, eyes wide and full of surprise.

Then, he turned a scornful eye to Millie.

"Don't tell me you got one in that price range as well..." He spoke and she shook her head.

"No, mine is above that." She replied proudly and John's knees gave out under him, simply dropping to the floor in utter shock.

"What? Sweetie, you know with my income from work we can afford my twenty-thousand-dollar dress." She said as if it was a cheap one.

"T-t-tw-ent-y... th-thousand!?" He shouted and I bopped him on the head annoyed.

"Volume." I said coldly and he nodded.

"Sorry, I didn't expect my fiancée to have such an expensive taste for a wedding dress." He replied, apologizing sincerely.

"Want her stun-locked as well?" I asked him wickedly and saw Millie inch away from me.

"That won't be necessary. I think I'll just put her on a dry-spell for a few weeks." He spoke, a cold look in his eyes as he looked at his future wife.

"Wh-what? Please, Sweetie, don't..." She began to beg but he shook his head.

"No sex for you for three weeks." Was his coldhearted reply.

"What!?" She squealed distraught.

"W-will you even last that long without banging me?" She asked, hoping to turn around his decision, but he shrugged.

"I'll find other ways." He said harshly and she gave him an angry glance.

"You'd better not cheat on me." She said, her voice cold and calculated.

"Only with my right hand." He replied jokingly, but I could tell he was serious about it.

"Wh-wh-wha!?" Millie replied and hung her head in defeat.

"S-s-sorry..." She whispered and John sat down next to her.

Placing an arm around her, he pulled her closer and she sighed.

"Meanie."

"Well, you know I told you not to go overboard with your dress, and you did anyway. You should have seen some form of repercussion coming. One way or the other I would have found out and it would have bitten you in your ass." He told her and she nodded.

It was later that night, after John and Millie had long since gone home, That Kaylee and I lay in our bed.

A distance had been created between us, though.

I tried to spoon Kaylee, but every time I tried to, she simply moved aside.

So I let it be.

She must be mad at me for keeping her in that stun spell's grip for over four hours.