VOL.2 Chapter 13, A birthday shortly after sadness.

It was a month since Kaylee had taken me along to the cemetery where she had to bury her parents five years ago, but now, her own birthday had also come around the corner.

Luckily, I had finished my Cloud Guide spell in time for us to head out with John and Millie accompanying us for preparations.

"So, how do you feel about your birthday?" John asked Kaylee in a teasing manner.

I gave him a cold glance for that though.

Kaylee had enough trouble accepting she wouldn't get married before thirty years old, already. And he wasn't helping like this.

"Oh shut is, be glad Daisia didn't let me bring my shinai." She replied venomously.

But John simply chuckled at her remark.

"I knew it, you still hate it." He said and I sighed.

"Can't you two be nice to each other, like... ever?" I asked the bickering duo and Kaylee looked at me with those puppy eyes she knew a bit too well how to use.

"But he started it." She spoke and I simply chanted a single spell, well more like half of it.

"And you don't need to act like a little kid, or do you want this spell to hit you again?" I asked her and she flinched at me.

"S-sorry." Kaylee replied meekly and John simply laughed at her and missed the fact I continued my spell after Kaylee's reply.

And so I hit him with it, simply bopping him on the head, rather hard as the Stun spell took hold on him.

I had a good teacher, let's stick with that, well, two good teachers. One taught me magic, the other taught me martial arts.

"J-Johnny!?" Millie exclaimed in shock when she saw him crumple into a pile on the spot.

"Oh, he'll be fine. I'll lift the spell a minute or ten from now." I told her and she nodded, a bit frightened actually.

Then again, she knew there was nothing she could do against my magic, so she had grown a little afraid of it over the time since she and Kaylee had become friends since her and John's engagement.

And well, I could understand that much.

But I just wished John would stop messing with Kaylee.

I think I'll double his stun-lock every time I need to use it on him. I think Kaylee will enjoy that as well.

"Well, anyway. This is the place we rented out." Kaylee spoke proudly as she looked over the terrace before us.

Several employees of the café she had decided to rent out for her thirtieth birthday were already cleaning the place in preparation.

A lot of her friends and family were coming as well, but Millie gave a worried look at the skies above us.

"Is it really such a good idea to sit outside tonight, I heard they're expecting rain most of the evening?" Millie replied and I smiled at her.

Kaylee didn't know yet either, but I had prepared for that.

No rain would ruin this evening. And it only took me about two-hundred and forty hours to finish the damn spell, but a few days ago, I had tested it successfully.

But that was something I wouldn't reveal until tonight.

I had accompanied Kaylee into the café she had rented out, something that took her a serious effort to keep in contact over with the place two states away from where we lived.