Chapter 27: Taylor Time (Kelci)

With my phone balancing on my knees I rubbed my legs down with sunscreen. It was just after noon and the sun out by the pool warmed everything nicely.

"How are you by the pool in November?" Taylor asked peering at me from the phone screen.

"SoCal baby." I grinned. I did not miss the gloomy wet winters back home.

"Ugh," Taylor groaned. "Well my mom said I can come out for Thanksgiving break, so save me some sunshine, would ya."

"Awesome. I need some Taylor time."

"How was the movie audition yesterday?"

"Pretty good, actually."

"Awesome. And the love life?"

"Really great." My eyebrows arched above the frame of my sunglasses.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Spending a lot of time at his dorm since I'm not busy working or anything."

"Oh nice. You two getting cozy?"

"Something like that." I bit my lip slyly.

"If you had sex with him and didn't tell me I'm going to kick your ass."

"Relax. Just rounding third." I raised my sunglasses revealing my honest blue eyes to my best friend.

"Baseball analogy? Now I know you're really hooked." Taylor laughed. I missed her so much. The only thing bad about being out in LA was that Taylor was not with me.

"Third base huh?" Taylor continued her interrogation. "Those are details you cannot keep from me."

"I'll tell you all about it when you get here on Saturday," I said. "Oh, and Lorin got us on the list to see Magenta play at this club on Sunset Wednesday night.

"Awwwe-sooome!"

***

On the way to the club, Lorin set up some rules for the night. Not that any of us were truly listening. Remi played DJ in the front seat, so that Taylor and I could catch up on some girl talk in the back seat.

"Guys, seriously. You are only getting in as my special guests. Blend in and don't tell anyone you're underage," Lorin warned us.

"Got it sis," I sighed. I had heard this speech twice already.

"I can't believe you're in a band," Taylor said, leaning over the front seat so Lorin could hear her over the radio.

"Me neither. It's quite harrowing," Lorin said.

"But you love singing, don't you?"

"Yeah. In the shower. Or the car. Not in front of a room full of people."

"So why do you do it then?" I asked.

"Because my therapist said I needed to try something that scared me."

"Makes perfect sense," I said throwing my hands in the air, making Taylor laugh.

"Hey, how did the callback for that movie go?" Taylor asked me.

"Pretty good." I didn't want to say too much because I hadn't talked to Remi about it yet.

"Is that the one shooting in Chicago?" Lorin asked.