Chapter 28: I Can't Take It (Kelci)

For the next four days I ghosted Remi. I really didn't even know where to begin with him. I was pissed about him getting drunk at a club that my sister had to pull strings for us to even get into. And I was pissed that he flat out punched Chad in the nose. But I was also afraid of the fall out that was sure to come when he brought up the Chicago thing. So yeah, I ignored his four million texts and calls for a few days. 

"Oh god! Creeper!" I screamed when I walked out onto the porch to find him waiting there. 

"Well you won't take my calls," Remi said standing up to face me. He looked like shit with dark circles under his eyes, and uneven stubble along his jawline. 

"I have to go," I said brushing past him.

"Wait. Can we talk? Please."

"I have a meeting with a producer."

"To talk about the Chicago movie?"

"No. I didn't get that." I might have been glad about that if it meant we were not going to argue, again. But just the fact that he had issues with what was literally my job, made me feel like this was not going to work between us. 

"I'm sorry." 

"No. You're not," I said. 

"Really. I am. I'm sorry about the movie. I'm sorry about getting drunk. I'm sorry for hitting that dude." He paused for a response, but I gave him none. "How is he by the way?"

"He's fine." I kept walking. I really didn't have time to do this with him. I was actually late for a meeting. 

"I'm sorry about everything."

I turned and walked back up the steps. "What the hell happened to you the other night?" Guess I had a few minutes. 

"I don't know. I was upset."

"About the Chicago movie?"

"About the possibility of losing you?"

"Why would you think you're losing me?"

"I can't compete with your world."

"My world?"

"Yeah. Movie sets, and Hollywood stars. I feel like I'm not enough for you."

"Why? Because my schedule is crazy, or because I can't enjoy a night out with my friends without talking to a million people." It never occurred to him that my life wasn't as easy as it seemed. 

"So much depends on what world we live in, you know. Like when you were shooting Jaded. You never had time for me," he said.

"And when it's training season, you never have time for me. It is the way it is," I said.

"I hate it."

"Me too. This other stuff we can work out, but the version of you I saw the other night scares me. I can't be with someone who acts out like that."

"It won't happen again. I swear." He touched my hand and I softened. That's what he did to me. I loved him. I just wish things were less complicated. 

"I'm meeting with Cassidy and the producer of a new pilot," I said. 

"Can I drive you?"

"To my meeting with my agent?"

"Yeah. I'll wait in the car."

"Okay."

***

"Sorry I'm late," I said to Cassidy as I stepped off the elevator.