🦊-41

One of my favorite jokes in the fandom is Lauren denying Camren when she's already married to Camila and Camila still doubting she's actually married to Lauren.

It's weird, but yeah, it's hella funny.

__________________________

Camila (Mendes)  stared with boredom at her newest toy as it tried to replicate her flame.

Green furious eyes glared at her own finger, "This is so stupid!"

"You're the stupid one. Even 5 year old kids can do a simple flame." Camila retorted, plainly bored. She could be taunting her daughter now, but no she had to suggest this.

Lauren looked at her with contempt, "You make it sound so easy! It's not!"

The vampire snorted, she snapped her finger and a small but strong flame floated above her index one. "Just imagine hot, imagine gasoline, imagine it being near a spark."

She watched as Lauren closed her eyes this time, entirely focused on the task. She had to smile, it reminded her of how she used to train Carmel too. "Okay, make sure that the gasoline is only a small amount, just enough for a lighter flick."

After a second, there was a spark that responded above Lauren's finger. She grunted in frustration but Camila patiently helped her again, "Okay now instead of a spark, imagine a match. Make sure to project the color, the temperature into your head."

"The match is lit. Throw it into your gasoline."

After another second, Lauren opened her eyes to see a dancing little flame on her finger. It was hot, but oddly comfortable in her hand. She excitedlty showed it to Camila who merely smiled at her like a mother to a child.

Camila smirked suddenly, "Or I could have said this." She pointed to Lauren's other finger, "Imagine you pissing, but for it to come out on that one finger instead."

Surprisingly it worked and Lauren had to glare at her with both irritation and disgust. "Why do I keep you around."

"Cuz I'm a fun, generous and loving blood-sucking vampire." Camila easily replied, closing her book and taking another one out of her large shelf. "My wife's been missing for 4 days by the way."

Lauren sipped her juice, a mix of iced water with berries, apparently it used to be Carmel's favorite drink, "And why aren't you panicking and throwing a ruckus?"

"You get used to it after the 10th time." She answered, when Lauren's eyebrows raised to her hairline, she added, "She's not cheating or buying new slaves. Maddie's a nerd that likes to discover new and ancient things."

"How are you so sure when the mating system is different?"

Camila flipped a page, "I just am. If she did cheat on me, she'd willingly and bluntly admit it. Maddie's that sort of person."

"Not that she would ever. She's too serious for that to happen. However, if she does find a new consort that's much better than me and suits her taste, I won't do anything to take her back."

Lauren watched the floating woman flip to her stomach in the middle of the air, "Why not?"

"She'll crawl herself back to me on her own."

[Lauren]

"Quite confident in that aren't you?" I decided to humor her.

Camila didn't even bat an eye at me, "Of course I am. I wouldn't have bonded with her if she was an idiot that would run away the second I flashed her my fangs."