Chapter 1 Noah

February

~Noah~

I was used to long car rides and constantly flying from from one location to another. When I had to get up early to make my flight, it felt like any of the other trips I took. But it wasn't.

After I had completely woken up, I spent a few minutes getting ready before heading downstairs. My parents were both standing in the kitchen looking very excited to be awake at five in the morning. That's sarcasm by the way. They both looked miserable and the sound off the coffee maker running confirmed my theory that they had yet to have their morning caffeine. Despite their appearance they both managed the smile and say good morning. My mom walked over to me and gave me an extra long hug. 

"I'm going to miss you so much." 

"I know Mom." She stared back at me so I added, "And I'll miss you guys too." 

I worded it like a question but she nodded approvingly so I knew its what she wanted to hear. 

"And you will keep in touch with us." My dad said. "None of that 'oh my phone battery was dead for a week so I couldn't call you.' bullshit from last time."

"Mitchell! You don't need to swear." My mom said. My dad grunted and I rolled my eyes.

"I promise I will call you." I said

"Twice a week?" 

"How about once a week?"

"Twice!" my mom protested. "Any more negotiating and we won't let you go."

"Alright fine. Twice a week." I said smiling. I was only arguing jokingly, my parents knew I would call them as much as possible. 

I glanced out the window again and saw a car waiting in the driveway. 

"Taxi's here."

A few minutes later I was sitting in the back of the car, waving goodbye to my parents who were standing in the driveway. A tear rolled down my moms face and I tried to roll my eyes at her but I also was getting emotional. I had to blink a few times as the taxi pulled away. 

It wasn't really a taxi. More of a glorified town car but I sounded like a douche saying that so I just called it a taxi. I put my head against the headrest, feeling the emptiness of the back seat. Normally my parents would be coming with me on a trip like this. For the last three seasons they came with me to Atlanta but this year I would be alone most of the time. 

As we drove to the airport, I stared out of the car's tinted windows watching different landscapes blur by. I kept having to remind myself this was no ordinary trip; this wasn't a press tour or a interview. This wasn't even a vacation. This was better than vacation, it was my job, my profession. It was the real thing: Season Four. 

Each time I thought about this I got even more excited. I couldn't wait to see everyone. Everything was a blur, getting to the plane, landing in Atlanta, and finally taking another car from ATL to the set and my home for the next few months. 

It was mid afternoon by the time my car got to the gate. I gave the driver my pass and he showed the guard at the gate who barely even glanced at it when he saw my face. I remembered him from season but I didn't know his name. Probably rude of me since I saw him almost every day but oh well. Nobody's perfect. 

The gate swung upward and the driver drove into the complex which was made up a various warehouse sized buildings, each contains a different part of the Stranger Things set. 

"Which one?"

"What?" I asked. 

"Which building am I dropping you at?" he repeated.

"Uhh..." I had no idea where I was supposed to meet everyone. "Just drop me off by trailers please." I said, pointing toward the rows of extra wide trailers that served as temporary homes for myself and the rest of the cast. 

The driver stopped the car and helped me get my bags before driving off and leaving me standing alone in the middle of the massive gravel parking lot. 

All the excitement I had a few minutes ago faded and was replaced with nervousness. I knew I was early without even looking at my phone. There were only some scattered employees wandering the Netflix parking lot.

I decided to just make my way to my old trailer since I didn't see anyone I knew. Eventually I found it, in a slightly different spot than last time near the eastern end of the lot. My name was the door and I laughed a little seeing that it still read Shnapp. Five years and Netflix still hadn't fixed the spelling of my name. 

I tried the door, finding it was unlocked and went inside, lugging my giant bags behind me. Normally I try to pack light but I needed enough cloths for a few months. I was getting settled, putting away shirts and shorts. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door. 

Before I could react, the door was ripped open and Millie burst through and immediately launched herself at me.

"Schnapple!" She yelled, wrapping her arms around me. I quickly recovered from surprise and hugged her back.

"It's good to see you too Mills." I replied, trying not to laugh at her excitement, though I had to admit, I was really glad to see her as well. It had been almost a year since we finished filming season 3.

Although we saw each other often over the last year for interviews, award shows and the season 3 premier, it was a whole different experience to be filming for a few months together. Millie always said the whole cast was like family. I couldn't agree more. 

"Noah I want you to meet someone." Millie said eagerly. Before I could ask who it was, she was dragging be toward stage 4. "I was showing him around the set this morning." she looked at me. "but don't worry, he won't be here for the table read." 

We reached the building and she ripped open door. My eyes took a second to adjust to the dim light. There was a table with chairs around it and in one of the chairs was none other than Nicholas Palmer. 

He walked up to Millie who facing was was facing me and grinning as if to say "aren't you excited? Look at this jerk I've brought onto our set!" I just stared at them at Nicholas wrapped his arms around Millie from behind as she giggled. It took all my willpower not to throw up. 

_____________

Hope you all like the first chapter.