Chapter 2 Noah

~Noah~

Let me fill you in on Nicholas Palmer incase you don't know anything about him. He just started acting last year. His parents basically paid for him to get a lead role on a new HBO show about the Roman Empire. 

He played some gladiator dude in the first season with lots of shirtless scenes and very few lines. I think HBO knew that if he had to open his mouth people would realized what a crappy actor he was. 

Most of the time his character was in fighting scenes where stunt doubles would do all the hard work. In other words he's a dick. Anyway..

"You're showing him around the set?" I whispered angry. I had already half heartedly greeted Nicholas before leading Millie out of the room so we were alone.

"Yeah so what Noah? He wanted to see the set, is that such a big deal?" She said loud enough for him to hear so I shushed her before continuing.

"Yes it is a big deal. Did you even get permission for him to see everything. You know its all confidential Mills."

"Yes actually I got permission"

"Oh" was all I said. I was sort of disappointed she actual had an answer. "From who?"

She stuttered and I immediately knew she was lying. After knowing her for half a decade, it got pretty easy to tell when she was bluffing.

"The Duffers." she answered after a few seconds.

"Oh bullshit Millie you're..." I was cut off as the door swung open revealing a forever grinning Nicholas. 

"All good in here?" he asked. The question was directed at Millie but he chose to look at me, the stupid smile still on his face. I hate his smile. Also him. 

"Mhm." Was all Millie could say.

"I think it time for me to go. The others are getting here." Nick said.

"Let me show you out!" Millie responded happily, her tone completely changed from a few minutes ago. 

They both left the room and when the door shut I released the fists I had been subconsciously making. After that, I decided I really hated Nicholas. 

***

Alright maybe I was being a little to hard on Nick. I'd never even met him and the only reason I didn't like him was because everyone else loved him. In the last year or so he had gotten pretty famous and as much as I hate to admit it, I was jealous. Which is weird because I still have 4 million more instagram followers than him...

Everyone talked about him and he had tons of fangirls. And apparently Millie was one of them. And they were dating? It certainly looked like. Why hadn't Millie told me? she tell me everything. And why was I so mad right now.

I followed Millie and Nick out outside and back into the parking lot. It had only been a few minutes but there was already more people. I saw Gaten getting out of a SUV and immediately forgot about Nick. 

I ran over to Gaten who was struggling with his bags. 

"Gaten!" 

He looked up. "Noah!"

We hugged for a second and then he immediately started telling me about all the stuff I had missed since we last saw each other. Which was literally two weeks ago at the Oscars but somehow he had a lifetime worth of stuff to tell me about his surgery and his girlfriend and god only knows what else. (I stopped listening after a few minutes)