Chapter 21 - Part 1 Noah

Leaving for New Mexico sucked. Like really sucked. By the time I had leave, I was practically cursing the Duffers for making me and Millie leave at different times. She would hopefully join me in a week or so but still... a week is a really long time to be apart from your girlfriend that you have only just gotten back together with for a single night. 

Millie insisted everything would be fine and that we would face time every night.

Though I really didn't want to I said a long and sad goodbye to Millie, which consisted of a 10 minute long hug followed my a much shorter make out session. When we pulled apart, Millie told me we would finish once she got to New Mexico. Suddenly I was looking forward to that day even more. 

Finally, I left the trailer and made myself get in the car with Gary to leave for the airport. 

After a boring and lonely flight, I made it to New Mexico that evening. When I landed, my manager had met me at the the airport and rode with me to the film set. It was very similar to Atlanta with multiple studios and a bunch of trailers, one of which would become my temporary home. 

My manager made sure I was settled in my trailer and then muttered something about a flight to LA and abruptly left, slamming the door behind her and leaving the trailer early quiet. I sat on the edge of my bed in silence. 

I had traveled without my parents before but never completely alone. I had always had my cast mates by my side. Suddenly, I was alone in a different state than the rest of them and I'll be honest I really missed them. Millie especially. I would do anything to see her right now. I just had to keep telling myself that I would see her in a week. Plus the week after that we had prom. 

To be honest I wasn't completely alone. Winona and David were here so I basically had parents. And obviously some of the crew was here to do make up and costumes for us. Andrew was going to be directing. I didn't know him as well as Shawn but he was still familiar and nice to me. 

There were worst ways to spend a week. All my friends were still in school while I was getting payed around eight thousand dollars a day to pretend I live in the 80s. Not a bad gig. I just had to make it a week and then I would see Millie again. 

***

"Millieeeee!" I screamed her name and ran to where she was getting out of her car. The rest of the kids were there too but I sort of ignored them and instead went straight to Millie, wrapping my arms around her before she could even react. She quickly recovered from her surprise and hugged me back. 

"Schnipper!"

We stayed in the embrace for far too long, rocking back and forth in each others arms until Sadie cleared her throat. Millie pulled away, glaring at Sadie. Annoyed, I leaned in and gave Millie a quick kiss. Sadie rolled her eyes in response.

"Get a room" Finn coughed under his breath.

"I heard that Finn." Millie replied.

"I didn't quite hear. What did you say Finn? You want a kiss too?" I took a step toward him and leaned in. 

"Eww no!" Finn left away from me. I heard Gaten and Caleb laugh. 

"Stay away from my boyfriend Schnapp." Sadie joked.

"Wait what?" I asked confused.

"Oh my god you didn't tell him?" Caleb asked in disbelief. 

"Tell me what?"

"They're like a thing now." Caleb said, nodding toward Finn and Sadie who I suddenly noticed were awfully close together.

"You're messing with me..." I was utterly lost and confused.

"He's serious Noah. I caught them like a month ago in Sadie trailer. I was the only one who knew for a while until Finn and Sadie finally told Gaten and Caleb." Millie explained. "I guess we kind of forgot to tell you..."

"Forgot? You just forgot to tell me that two of my best friends are hooking up!?"

"Keep it PG Schnapp." Sadie muttered?

"PG? What are we fourth graders? And why do you keep calling me Schnapp? Just because you lost your virginity to mop head over here doesn't mean you can start treating me like a little kid."

"Hey! My hair does not look like a mop." Finn argued.

Sadie looked at him

"I mean... Hey! Don't talk about my girlfriend like that." Finn said. 

Sadie nodded approvingly at his changed response. 

"Oh please. Don't try to tell me you guys haven't hooked up? Be honest." I raised my eyebrows. 

Finn and Sadie spoke at the same time,

"No."

"Maybe." 

Sadie punched Finns arm.

"I mean no!" Finn said.

I looked at them both and fought back laughter. Something that Gaten and Caleb weren't even trying to contain. They were both cracking up which only made Finn and Sadie blush. 

"You both make such a good couple." I said sarcastically. 

I stepped forward and picked up Millies suitcase and bag which the driver had put on the ground. Then I took Millie's hand and started to lead her toward my trailer. 

"Seems like you both have real good chemistry." I said to Finn as we walked away. 

"We do!" Sadie said.

"So what if we don't have chemistry?" Finn said, talking over her yet again. 

I whispered to Millie. "That relationship isn't going to last long."

"I heard that! You're an idiot Schnapp!"

"Okay Wolfhard!"

By this point Millie and I were almost out of earshot from Finn so I just dropped it. 

"You really are an idiot Schnapple." Millie giggled. I could listen to her laugh all day.

"Hey!"

She put here head on my shoulder as we walked. 

"But you're my idiot." She whispered. 

I squeezed her hand but didn't reply.

I could settle for being her idiot. It's better than being nobodies idiot.