Chapter 14 Noah

The next morning I dragged myself out of bed at 7:30. After the movie, Millie had returned back to her trailer, claiming she had to pack but I know she just wanted a night away from me. The couch wasn't that comfortable and we were still avoiding sleeping in bed together despite my objections.

It's weird because we have slept in the same bed in the past but now that were dating we've been avoiding it. Of course that may all change eventually but... don't get your hopes up Schnapp.

The buffet trailer didn't open until 8:00 so I skipped breakfast and after getting dressed, headed straight to the garage. Once I had the door open, I very carefully inched the Ferrari out of the garage and into the parking lot so I could wash it.

I didn't even have my permit yet so to say that moment was nerve-racking would be an understatement. I was scared shitless that I would screw something up.

Once I had it in park with the engine off and I was confident it wasn't going to roll away, I began the slow process of washing it. After close examination and careful consideration combined with my extreme intelligence, I determined that washing a car without a roof was a bad idea. It took me a minute but I eventually got the electric roof ion place and the windows up.

I rinsed the car with water and then used soap and a sponge from the garage clean the car. I rinsed off the soap, dried it with a towel and repeated the maneuvering process to return the car to the garage.

I shut the door and left, knowing that it defiantly looked worse than when I had started but like Shawn had said, that wasn't the point. It was about the learning experience.

By the time I got back to my trailer and changed into dry cloths, it was 9:00. I quickly packed a bag with cloths for tomorrow and a bathing suit. Then I headed off to meet Millie at her trailer. (After a quick stop for some breakfast.)

As I was leaving the buffet trailer with a newly full stomach, I found Shawn outside.

"Noah! I was hoping I would run into you. You got those keys?"

"Yeah here." I handed them to him. "Shawn thanks again for-"

"Yeah yeah, thank me when you get back. I only have a second and I need to say something."

"Oh boy." I knew he was about to give me some more advice or something.

"I'm sorry it's just that, without your parents here I feel like it's my responsibility to take care of you. In fact it kind of is they have threatened to kill me multiple times if I don't keep you safe."

I smiled a little, thinking of my Mom beating the crap out of Shawn.

"Look either way take these."

He reached into his pocket and produces three plastic squares. It took me a second to realize what they were.

"Obviously Noah, you don't need to use them."

I nodded, my face going red as I took the condoms from him.

"Actually you have to use them you know if your gonna... do anything but I mean you don't have put yourself in a situation where you need to use them..."

He scratched the back of his neck and glanced around. I cleared my throat.

"Thanks."

"Sure. And uh... I didn't know what size so I just got a bunch of-"

"Shawn stop. Thanks for these. I'm leaving now and were never speaking of this again."

"Agreed."

We both turned and went our separate ways and I cursed in embarrassment under my breath.

The interaction made me decide to make one last stop on my way to Millie trailer.

It only took me a second to get there. I9 knocked on the door.

When it opened, Caleb was standing in the threshold, wearing black and gold silk robes with a coffee mug in his hand.

"Oh Schnapp! Look who it is. Haven't see you in a few day. Come on in."

"Thanks. And quit it with the "oh schnapp" thing. You've been saying that for literally half a decade."

"It never gets old."

"It got old like four years ago"

He shrugged, clearly disagreeing.

"So, whats up?"

"Well, I got some news."

"I'm interested."

"Some big news."

Heres the thing, Millie and I had agreed (along with Shawn and the Duffers) to tell our fans the truth tonight. I figured I could tell one of my best friends about our relationship since the whole world would know in a few hours.

"Spill brother. And don't try to convince me your Brad Pitt's nephew. I'm not falling for that again."

I smiled at the memory of the prank I had pulled on Caleb. He's very gullible.

"So I'll just tell you... the thing that I needed to say... what I wanted to say... is that..."

"Oh my god Noah what is it!"

"MillieandIkissed."

"Oh Schnapp."

"Yeah. So were like dating now and I'm take her to the Ritz on Lace Oconee today. And Shawn gave me these."

I produced the condoms from my pocket and held them out for Caleb to see.

"I just need some advised and I figured since your three years older than me..."

"Yeah yeah sure. I just need a minute to process this."

I nodded while he paced back and forth.

"You planning on using them?"

"I don't know. We've been dating only two days but I mean I've certainly thought about it."

"Haven't we all?"

"What!"

"That came out wrong! I meant we all fantasize about our own crushes. I wasn't talking about Millie. I do not think about Millie like that. She is not my type at ALL."

"Hey she's not that bad. What your type? Still red heads?"

"Nah man, now I'm into Asians now. There is just something about-"

"Oh my god Caleb stop, I don't want to know."

"Sorry I got carried away."

"Yeah a little bit. Anyway thanks for advice. I gotta get going."

"Sure thing Schnapp. See you tomorrow."

I quickly left the trailer and continued toward Millies. Caleb was completely useless and I still had no idea what to do with the condoms. He was either on drugs, which I find unlikely at 10am in the morning or he was way too horny. I just had to get away from him.

It took me 30 seconds to get to Millie trailer. I hadn't even knocked on the door before she swung it open and stepped out with a huge smile on her face. She was wearing a white sundress, most likely over a swimsuit. She wore sandals and had, to my surprise, a reasonably sized bag for our one night trip.

"Hey Mills. You look like someone who's is about to go to the beach."

"Thanks to you I am  about to go to the beach. Is the car here?"

I checked my phone, and had a message from Uber.

"Yeah it here."

"Sweet! Let's do this Schnipper."