Chapter 21 - Part 2 Noah

Millie and I spent the whole week side by side. Almost all our scenes were together so we were never apart for more than a few hours. Most mornings, I would wake up on the couch in her trailer (or occasionally her bed) and then head to set with her. At the end of the day we would hang out with the rest of the cast before heading back to either my trailer or hers. The next morning the process would start all over again. It was awesome. 

At the end of the week, on Thursday afternoon, I took a flight from New Mexico back to my hometown of Scarsdale in New York. My school had some stupid rule that you had actually attend school the day of prom to be allowed to go so despite not having gone for like 3 months, I went to school Friday. 

I spend the day explaining to my friends why I was back and refusing to give spoilers about season 4. When school was finally over, I headed home to prepare for prom that night.

So some people like too go overboard with the whole prom thing. They get a limo and give their date flowers and waste money on all this fancy stuff that you really don't need.

So naturally, I'm one of those people. I had gotten a limo to pick up Millie at the airport, with me in it of course. I had flowers and a bunch of white doves. Yes, actual doves that I was going to release at some point.

I had even hired someone to drop rose pedals in front of Millie when we got to the prom venue. Everything would attract attention but I didn't care. I wanted everyone to know she was mine and I was hers.

Currently, I'm at my house, waiting for her to call and let me know when her flight was supposed to arrive so I could be there to meet her when my phone rang. I picked up instantly.

"Hey Mills! Did you take off finally?"

I grinned, even though she couldn't see me. I was so excited to surprise her. She was quite and I wondered if there was a bad connection.

"Millie? Can you hear me?"

She answered quietly, and my grin faded hearing the sadness in her voice.

"I can hear you."

"What wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes. I'm fine but I have bad news."

I held by breath, realizing what she was going to say.

"My flight got cancelled Noah."

The bouquet of flowers that I had been subconsciously holding, as if I would hand them to her any second, dropped from my hands onto the floor. Flower pedals broke from their stems and scattered around my feet.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm sorry Noah there is nothing I can do, the next flight won't be for a few hours and by then it will be to late."

I shook my head, not wanting to give up.

"Millie there must be a flight you could take-"

"Theres isn't-"

"Then get on earliest possible flight and we can just go to prom late."

"The earliest flight is at 7:00pm and it won't get into New York until 9:00pm and then it's 20 minutes to get my bags and another 30 to drive to Scarsdale and by then..."

"Prom will be over." I finished her words, feeling defeated. I starred at the time on my phone, 1:30 pm. Millie was halfway across the country in New Mexico with no way to get to me by the time prom started at 6:00. 

"Sorry Noah."

"you're flying back here tomorrow right?"

"Yeah."