Chapter 8 Millie

Millies POV

When I woke up it took me a second to realize where I was. When remembered, I sat up quickly in a panic. I turned and found Noah next to me. In bed. In his bed. Oh my god. We hadn't done anything serious but... still. Technically we slept together.

I stood up as quietly as possible so I didn't wake him. I didn't need to find anything since all I had brought to his trailer was my phone and my cloths. Which were thankfully still on my body. The thought that they may not have been made me shudder. Not in a bad way but in a I just made out with my best friend (so I'm a little nervous) sort if way.

I took look one last look at Noah sleeping peacefully, his arms wrapped around a pillow. The morning sunlight illuminated his face which, despite the drool rolling down his lips, was very cute.

I slipped out of Noah trailer and went back to mine so I could take a shower and change. In the shower, when I closed my eyes to wash the soap out of my hair, I had an image of Noah in my mind. I could feel his hand on my back and the way his lips tasted. I could even smell him so vividly that I had to open my eyes and make sure he wasn't there. Everything felt like a dream. I couldn't believe what had happened.

After I finished showering and got dressed in a pair of red camouflage cargo pants and a black top. I knew I had to tell someone and I obviously settled on Sadie. I thought about texting her but thought better of it and left to go to her trailer instead . When I got there, I knocked and then opened the door before I got a response.

there was a thud and I thought I saw moment but all I saw was Sadie, lying in bed staring at me, here eyes wide in shock.

"Millie!" She said surprised. Had I needed to apologize I would have but we walked into each others trailers and rooms like that all the time. I mean were best friends its not like there's anything I haven't seen.

"Sorry Sadie I uh... didn't mean to... intrude." I paused looking at her. The bed sheet covered her ankles but other than that she she was just wearing a t-shirt.

"We're you busy?" I asked starting to smirk a little. "Look I get bored too sometimes and it helps to-"

"Jesus christ Mills I wasn't doing that."

"Oh." I replied

"Wait Millie, you mas-"

"Forget I said anything!" I cut her off out of embarrassment. We were both quite for a second. "So why were you so nervous then Sadie?"

"Oh I was just..."

Then I realized what her t-shirt said: The Aubreys

"Wait. Wait wait wait." I stepped across her trailer so I could see the other side of her bed. Lying on the floor in bewilderment, shirtless and wearing only boxers was none other than Finn Wolfhard.

"Hey Millie!"

"OUT!" I yelled, pointing at door. I must have really scared him because he grabbed his things and scampered outside, still in his boxers.

"Millie!" Sadie complained in protest. "What if someone just saw him coming out of my trailer like that?"

"Oh." I hadn't thought of that. "Sorry I just panicked because you WERE SLEEPING WITH FINN?!"

Sadie blushed. "Maybe..."

"How long has this been going on?"

"Well... only a few days."

"Do you guys... you know. Do the deed?"

She thought for a second and then nodded. "Yeah we did." Her face turned red and I just stared back at her with disapproval. "But Millie, it's okay. We talked about it and we didn't do anything stupid." She paused. "And we're really happy."

I smiled when she said that. I was still processing the fact that two of my best friends were dating.

I wondered, is this what Noah and I could become. A actual couple, sneaking around so no one knew we were together. Is that something I wanted? I tried to imagine what it would be like, going out on dates, going to his trailer at night... It was hard to picture because every time I closed my eyes I saw my best friend. Not a boyfriend.

And that's when I realized, that he probably saw me that way too. As just a friend who got carried away. Deep down I knew we were just friend and there was probably no way I could change that. I mean he did kiss me back but what if he just didn't want to make me feel bad. Or even worse maybe he only kissed me to try it out. 

What if I'm some sort of experiment? He doesn't actually like me he just wants to get in my pants. It all made sense, how could Noah Schnapps suddenly like me? How could this be real? It was probably a prank. Or a dare by one of the other boys. Or... Oh my god

I mumbled something to Sadie and ran out of her trailer in a panic. I could barely breath. I pulled out my phone to call someone but realized there was no one to call. I had just left Sadie behind and Noah was the whole reason I was having a panic attack.

I stated running. I was blinking away tears and could barely see as I ran around the corner of Sadie trailer and smacked into someone, knocking over whatever they had in their hands.

I didn't even slow down but just mumbled and apology, not letting the individual see my face. I kept running toward my trailer, knowing perfectly well I would get there and lock the door, crying where no one could hear me.

"Millie?"

The voice hit me like a freight train and I tried to stop so suddenly that my feet slid out from under me and I landed on my back in the gravel. There was an audible thud as the back of my head smacked the ground followed by and uncontrollable painful groan that I realized was coming from me.

"Millie are you okay?"

Noah was crouched over me. I lifted my head to look at him, seeing a trail of pancakes and bacon behind him covering the ground.

"Sorry about that." I mumbled, looking at mess.

"Oh my god millie who cares about the pancakes. Besides I already had like five. What matters is are you  okay."

I felt the back of my head with my hand and not finding any blood, nodded at Noah who stared back skeptically. 

"No you're not, whats wrong? Why were you running?"

I suddenly felt embarrassed, not just because I had run into him but because my eyes were probably still red from crying. I wasn't crying anymore, it was incredible how quickly being around Noah improved my mood. I knew he could tell i had been though.

I was quickly reminded of the fact that Noah was the whole reason I had been crying in the first place. I decided it was best to keep that to myself.

"I'm fine Noah really." 

I stood up, ignoring his outstretched hand and turned away, walking to my trailer. Behind me, Noah probably remained kneeling on the ground surrounded by pancakes and wondering what the hell was wrong with me.

I'm back