Chapter 15 - part 2 Noah

Millie and I were on the fourth and final course of our meal: a large slice of chocolate cake that Vihaan had brought out. Yes, I said slice not slices. The smart bastard was making us share.

It was now completely dark, and only the candles illuminated our table. In the distance, the noise of the main resort could be heard. I could heard music and knew people were dancing but somehow, being here alone with Millie seemed a million times better than the party. I only hoped she felt the same.

Millie stopped eating and picked up one of the many roses that were scattered on the table.

"You know this is all a little excessive for a first date."

"Oh I'm perfectly aware. Vihaan offered to get some white doves but I figured that would have been too much."

Millie laughed at that. We both picked at the cake for a few more minutes before Millie announced she was full and I agreed. We both stood, leaving our plate for Vihaan to take care of. I owed him a serious thank you tomorrow.

"Wow I'm so tired but it's only 9:00." Millie said, looking at her phone.

"Probably all those attempts at a front flip."

"They were not all attempts. Some were successful."

"It doesn't count if you hit the boat on the way to the water."

"Hey! You're not supposed to make fun of your girlfriend." She said, playfully hitting me.

"Sorry I forgot. But I bet I can make it up to you with one last surprise... as long as you don't fall asleep that is." I grabbed onto the table cloth with both hands.

"I'm just tired, not narcoleptic. Wait what are you doing?"

"You've never seen this trick?"

"Of course I have but any time some tries it it always ends up-"

I cut her off, by ripping the table cloth off the table. To my complete amazement, it went perfectly. Well not perfectly but most of the china and silverware remained unbroken and on the table. The rest... well Vihaan could deal with that.

"You are an idiot Schnapp." Millie said, staring at the broken glass.

"I am a genius who has just created a blanket from a table cloth."

Millie tried to look annoyed but I could tell she was holding back a smile.

"Come on Mills follow me."

I took her hand in mine, clutching the table cloth in the other and led her back up the hill toward our villa. I stopped a little ways from the building and spread the table cloth on the damp grass.

"Stargazing?" I asked her innocently.

"I didn't think this night could get any more cliche but sure, I'll stargaze with you Noah."

We laid down on our backs and gazed up at the stars. They were beautiful and much easier to see away from lights of the city. Out here, more than 60 miles from Atlanta it was like a whole different sky.

I'll be honest. For a few seconds I fiddled with the condoms in my pocket. As much as I wanted to make use of them, I just didn't want to risk what we had. I could wait I while. It's not to hard to wait when you're waiting with someone you truly care about.

I took Millie's hand in mine and heard her sigh.

"What's wrong Mills?"

"It's just that... Never thought it would happen like this. At least not so suddenly."