Chapter 6 Millie

That same morning, after I was in make up, and costume, I headed to the stage where I was filming for the day. It was a multi purpose stage that was used to film things like the void and visual effects. 

All the walls were painted black and it was just one large room the size of a supermarket. Inside, there was one corner of the room lit up with cameras and the crew setting things up. In front of the camera was the Uhaul truck from last season with Joyces car attached to the back. Jonathans beat up car was behind it. 

There were green screens set up around all the windows. It was all a little overwhelming but I had to remind myself we were actually driving down a regular road and not sitting still on a film set.

I found Winona, standing by herself also in character. Even in the dim light, she looked like Joyce. Everything from her cloths to here messy hair and the way she stood looked like Joyce. Working with her was always incredible.

After we rehearsed our very simple lines a few times, Andrew called us over. He was directing the scene. I hadn't worked with him much before but he seemed nice and the Duffers liked him. If they trusted him to direct their writing than he must be good.

A few minutes later, I was seated next to Winona in the truck. I nodded at Andew's outline behind the camera (only the truck was lit up)and he held up his fingers. Three. Two. One.

Season Four began. 

________________

The next day

I woke before my alarm to the sound of rain pelting the aluminum roof of my trailer. I knew the Duffers wanted the kiss scene in sunlight since the rest of the scenes for that fictional day were taking place in sunlight at well. It would be weird for viewers if the camera angle changed and it suddenly went from a nice day to down pouring rain. 

I checked the weather and saw it was supposed to rain all day. Guess the scene would be rescheduled for another day. I felt a little disappointed but also relieved. I turned off my alarm, covered my head with the pillow and went back to sleep.

"MILLIE!"

I woke up suddenly, finding Finn and Sadie in my doorway. 

"What is it? And why are you so loud?" I said, still tired.

They both looked at each other confused.

"You have to film Millie!" Sadie said

"Yeah you and Noah have to... do your thing." Finn added smirking.

"Wait but it's raining."

"Doesn't matter, the Duffers want to film in the rain. They think it would be better."

Under my breath I sighed and mumbled, "Shit." Then looked at the time on my phone. "SHIT!"

I jumped out of bed not caring that I was in only a t-shirt and underwear. Finn took the cue and left while I started frantically getting dressed with Sadie's help. We both rushed off to costumes and I changed into my eleven outfit and then got my hair and make up done which was a relief since I hadn't even showered. 

Once the crew deemed my appearance presentable, we both literally ran through the rain to get in the car that would be taking us to the set. It was only a few miles away in the woods where we filmed much of season 1.

The driver raised an eyebrow when we got in but said nothing. 

"Go fast please!" I pleaded

He snorted as if to say I know I need to go fast, you're 40 minutes late.