CHAPTER 27

WARNING: HEARTBREAKING/ DEPRESSING CONTENT! BRING OUT YOUR TISSUES.💔

Y/n's Pov
8:03 am

"B-bad news?" I gasped when I heard that word. I can't believe this...I cannot even imagine what will happen next...but I guess we need to be prepared. "What do you mean, doc?" Jennie unnie asked, shaking and trembling out of nervousness. "Please let me explain this neatly and calmly, shall I?" Dr. Eun looks at us, almost sadly and scared to bring up. I felt two muscular arms hugging me from behind and he said, "Everything will be okay, Y/n." To be honest, it calmed me a bit but still unsure of what I'm feeling inside me right now. I'm scared to what she will say. What if it's something very bad? Lord, I'm not ready...

"I'm scared, Jungkook..." I whispered in his ears, tilting my head to the side to see his beautiful features. "Shh...baby..." he pecks my lips that I find very cutely and caressed my tummy. That is like the sweetest thing that your man can do to you and provokes electricity to your heart. However, I get my attention back to Jennie unnie and Dr. Eun. Something's wrong. Wait, why is she crying?

"U-unnie? What's the matter?" I asked while slowly but gently getting away from Jungkook's grip to hug my sister. "Y-Y/n..." she turns to me and hugs me tightly. What the hell happened without me noticing it? I'm so stupid! I looked up at Dr. Eun and saw she has her head low and hands folded. "D-doc, what were you saying?" I asked, already feeling fresh tears rolling down my cheeks, seeing my sister in such a state.

"Miss Y/n...you see, your mom is getting old...she's on her 50-60's right now and I'm afraid she is getting a bit...weak...the last time I checked her records, condition, xrays and all, she may have a disease..." she said, looking straight into my eyes. I can't belive what I'm hearing right now. "W-what are you trying to say?" I desperately asked, feeling that something is gonna happen that I won't like to encounter. Suddenly, Jennie unnie pulled away from the hug and wipes her tears away.

"Y/n....mom has a heart disease...." with her saying that, my whole world crashes down. I can't believe what my ears can hear. I literally just cursed under my breath and I don't know why I hate myself so much for this. I fast-walked towards Dr. Eun to ask something. "T-there's a cure right?" I hold her cold hands and she seems to be scared and nervous. "It depends if her body can still make it but we are 99% not sure, dear..." she holds back from crying. She is also a good friend of my mom, that's why...and they are also super close. They just lost communication for a while because Dr. Eun was busy, looking after patients, checking them up, and operating.

"But what's with the 1%?" I asked. There is a momemt of silence until she said, "There's a possibility that she could....." she stops her sentence and finally bursts into tears quietly. "She could what?" I tried to calm her down but the more I do it, the more she sobs. I can't bear this anymore, I wanna die in my spot right now. "She could die..." she said that with her eyes locked in mine. "NO! NO SHE WILL NOT! DON'T SAY THAT!" Jennie unnie shouted which made us all flinched. Mom...why are you leaving us?...

"But she can still live right? It's only a chance of possibilty! Mom is strong, s-she can fight!" many warm tears flowed down my cheeks and that's when I felt Dr. Eun hugged me. "I know, I know dear...but you sometimes need to accept the fact that all people dies for a reason...I'm so sorry..." she now slowly pulls away from the hug and wipes her tears with a tissue. "Can't she have a heart transplant?" I heard Jungkook asked and I turned my head to his direction, only to see him staring at me with worry.