Mini-Episode One: Part Seven

As she left the manager's apartment, Doonah thought of one other place she could ask for help, or at least check the building to make sure Root wasn't there.

The basement contained a gym as a perk for tenants. While Doonah didn't expect to find Root in that gym (though she would check just to be thorough), where she really thought of going was the adjacent apartment. Charre lived there, and all Doona knew about Charre was that Charre had a keen interest in tech and computers, which Doonah knew from the rare times she saw Charre around testing out some weird electronic gizmo Charre likely built unassisted. Honestly, Doonah couldn't even tell what gender Charre was, or if Charre could be a first or last name; regardless, on the rare occasion she'd heard the manager use it, it sounded French, so Doonah knew she could at least pronounce it right.

After checking the gym and being sure Root wasn't there, Doonah approached Charre's door. She saw it had a doorbell attached, like the home burglary systems connected to cell phones. No one else had them, and Doonah always had the impression they weren't allowed to be added per their leases. She'd need to look into that later, because right now she needed to concentrate on getting Charre's help.

Doonah rang the doorbell.